Homemade Flour Tortillas

tortillatudos

Registered
Are you a gringo currently disappointed with the lack of good tortillas in Buenos Aires? Are there times when you would do just about anything for a taco? Look no further. We got your back.

We've been perfecting our recipe over the past few months and now we got it down right. Leave us a message, we can deliver these to your door. You'll get ten fresh homemade tortillas for just twenty pesos. To put that in a bit of perspective, the crappy prepackaged kind are 8 for 23 at the supermercado. And these are way better. You just got to heat them up, then you can make tacos or quesadillas, smother them with butter and sugar or dulce de leche, whatever you want.

Send us an email - [email protected]. Give us about a days notice and we can get these to you.

Reactions: LJ2
Hi there. How big are your tortillas? I'm looking for some at 25cm. Thanks!

My guess is about 15-18 cm in diameter... There's some variation because they're all rolled out by hand. They're not burrito size, but they make a solid taco.

Why doesn't someone take on consolidating orders for foods expats and others are providing that are hard to get here?

Great job for a young new arrival. Or have them delivered by Buenoa Aires Delivery. Love to see these products, but it would be nice to not have to order one by one.

Good luck with your venture!

tortillatudos said:
My guess is about 15-18 cm in diameter... There's some variation because they're all rolled out by hand. They're not burrito size, but they make a solid taco.
Ahh darn. I'm looking for burrito sized tortillas. Thanks for answering!

MizzMarr said:
Ahh darn. I'm looking for burrito sized tortillas! Thanks for answering!

[sarcastic comment has been removed by poster]

:p

Any chance you could perfect corn tortillas as well? The real deal? I havent even seen those in stores at all here and I miss them...

a woman named Ana makes and sells big burrito tortillas out of Palermo Hollywood. they're homemade and she has other products as well, including corn tortillas. although, i prefer tortillapanchovilla tortillas. they're better and cheaper. and who is paying 23 pesos for rapiditas??? they're 10 pesos at my grocery store in palermo soho!

[email protected] ana's email

enjoy!

oh yea, i also started selling random foods that are hard to come by here in Buenos Aires. Here's some of the things i've been selling

salsa fresca- mexican style and spicy!
pico de gallo
guacamole
black bean & chipotle dip
hummus
baba ganoush

You get 400 grams for 20 pesos, except for the guac that's 30.

i'm also available for private dinner parties. have your own casa mun in your own apartment, but with my good cookin'! i studied at a french culinary school but my heart/stomach loves the mexican and cajun grub.

feel free to check out my facebook page, NOLAchef or send me an email at [email protected]

gracias!

Back