Homeschooling

joelie

Registered
Does anybody here know anything about homeschooling here in Argentina? Is it even legal here? This probably applies most to people who are resident or citizens, but does anyone here homeschool, and if so, can they give any tips or pointers on how it works? Thanks in advance for your help.

My children are homeschooled. If you are going to do it, there are several options. What you can do, is have your kids go ahead and take a test every year in Palermo that are called "examenes libres". This means you go and get the material and then prepare for the test (might take about a month for your kids to prepare if they speak spanish). The other is that you can enroll you kids in one of the international homeschool programs that are out there. I know on a firsthand basis that some international schools here are forming their own curriculum for homeschoolers, so you might want to contact some of the more well known international schools here like baica and lincoln to inquire. If enough people enquire, they will start such a program. Homeschooling is growing here in Argentina and not just foreigners are doing it, but also Argentinians, especially people that do not live in the capital. It is definitely legal. Feel free to send a personal message to me if you like.

Anywhere, a good way to guarantee your kid an inferior education.

I disagree. Read an article the other day about a family of 7 whose kids were of normal intelligence. Each of them finished school by 12, and are doing very high level university work. The oldest finished at age 16 and began now working at NASA. Neither the parents or kids were geniuses or anything like that. Once again, you opine about something you have zero knowledge of, but does that surprise anyone on this forum at this point?

I disagree. Read an article the other day about a family of 7 whose kids were of normal intelligence. Each of them finished school by 12, and are doing very high level university work. The oldest finished at age 16 and began now working at NASA. Neither the parents or kids were geniuses or anything like that. Once again, you opine about something you have zero knowledge of, but does that surprise anyone on this forum at this point?

He has a blog to promote. Those tiresome one liners are just a cry for readership. Ever since the dog stopped listening to him he's only got his wife, his postman in Oakland and directories enquiries left to listen to him.

We should give a struggling writer a break.

As opposed to all those inferior school districts in the US? Especially those with metal detectors?

If you want your kid to ignore scientific facts like evolution and global warming, and to have one-way conversations with an imaginary being, homeschooling is the method of choice.

If you want your kid to ignore scientific facts like evolution and global warming, and to have one-way conversations with an imaginary being, homeschooling is the method of choice.

Another ignorant post from Garlic Know Nothing. Not all home schooling is religion-based.

PS: If you want to pimp your blog, I'd suggest you do it in less caustic manner. Your approach could easily backfire.

Another ignorant post from Garlic Know Nothing. Not all home schooling is religion-based.

PS: If you want to pimp your blog, I'd suggest you do it in less caustic manner. Your approach could easily backfire.

Huh? Religion and home-schooling brings up only 12 million hits on Google.

I think the two links below are interesting (if one-sided) takes on home-schooling. My family is seriously considering home-schooling, one because we have a specific time-frame here in BA so it might make the transition back home easier and two because public education in my country is not the best in many areas and private education is beyond financial reach for many.

I did a mix of public/private through High School and then went to a 4 year university... My wife was homeschooled through High School with her 4 siblings before attending a 4 year university... take a guess who had the better GPA?

You do what you feel is best for your kids... that is your job as a parent. We may agree to disagree on that approach, but when it comes to my children, I make the decisions, and frankly I could care less about anyone else's opinion.

http://themattwalshblog.com/2014/04/25/behold-the-two-absolutely-worst-arguments-against-homeschooling/

http://themattwalshblog.com/2013/07/20/the-right-to-homeschool/

Back