Honeymoon suggestion

ctru

Registered
My mate is getting married and they want their honeymoon in Argentina.....and want me to come with suggestions on where to go. It will be in Feb/March next year. They would like both beach and mountains. I though of Llao LLao,Mendoza, Villa Gesell maybe...

Anybody have some suggestions?

ctru said:
My mate is getting married and they want their honeymoon in Argentina.....and want me to come with suggestions on where to go. It will be in Feb/March next year. They would like both beach and mountains. I though of Llao LLao,Mendoza, Villa Gesell maybe...

Anybody have some suggestions?

Las Grutas in the south is possibly the closest beach to mountains spot but there is no infrastructure there, barriloche in the summer is cool 30ºC and the lake is warm enough to swim in, it reminded me alot of New Zealand (without the surf nearby) AUD2089 for 4 people for a week (privacy for two) or AUD1300 for 2 people have a look at their site they are at Avenida Bustillo Kilómetro 2.5
San Carlos de Bariloche, RN R8402AAX
Argentina
www.designsuites.com PM me if you want to know more, these are not public listings and I have access to much cheaper resorts/hotels but this place is beautiful

If you are looking for beach and mountains nearby of each other, you will have more luck searching in Chile. On top of that, the beaches here are not spectacular, certainly not a place I would chose for a honeymoon.

Perhaps Ushuaia with the mountains. But again, the beach that far south is probably not what they are looking for. But I do hear that it is lovely in Teirra del Fuego in Summer.

and villa gessel, absolutely not. The Argentine beaches are simply "meh", overcrowded and many of the towns are pretty yucky, too. Maybe they'd be happy with San Martin de los Andes outside of Bariloche and cross down and into the lakes districts in Chile (I've never personally been so can't speak to the chilean lakes district directly) and possibly Mendoza too if they rent a car, but absolutely nowhere on the eastern coast of Argentina is nice enough (in my opinion) for a honeymoon. Maybe they should do Brazil instead.

If you want some of the nicest, relatively empty beaches, I would think about Rocha, Uruguay. You can go miles and miles on the beach without running into another person.

I'd choose Brazil for the Beach part. My favorite would be Buzios, a two hour flight plus 3 hour drive from Baries. The Casas Brancas hotel there would be my idea of a honeymoon destination.

Pria do Forte also has nice beaches. I like these much better than what I've seen in Chile. All of these countries are expensive now though, so may be tough without a sizable budget.

For the beach, Rocha, Uruguay. Or the beaches in the South of the province of Buenos Aires (Monte Hermoso). But for honeymoon, better a place like Mar de las Pampas, or maybe Carilo (nice forest and empty beach outside Dec 16-March 15). Anyway, beaches in Argentina do not compare with Brazil or Uruguay. For mountains, El Bolson, Bariloche, Villa la Angostura, San Martin de los Andes, or go to the "indian" option in towns in Catamarca, Salta and Jujuy provinces. I think Iguazu Waterfalls are unforgettable and very romantic. The same about the Perito Moreno Glacier. And to walk with a million penguins in Punta Tombo, near Peninsula de Valdez.

marksoc said:
For the beach, Rocha, Uruguay. Or the beaches in the South of the province of Buenos Aires (Monte Hermoso). But for honeymoon, better a place like Mar de las Pampas, or maybe Carilo (nice forest and empty beach outside Dec 16-March 15). Anyway, beaches in Argentina do not compare with Brazil or Uruguay. For mountains, El Bolson, Bariloche, Villa la Angostura, San Martin de los Andes, or go to the "indian" option in towns in Catamarca, Salta and Jujuy provinces. I think Iguazu Waterfalls are unforgettable and very romantic. The same about the Perito Moreno Glacier. And to walk with a million penguins in Punta Tombo, near Peninsula de Valdez.

Some great suggestions here. Domestic flights are no problem for them, so Iguazu, Tierra del Fuego and Carilo is fine. Anybody know some really nice resorts/hotels other than the LLao LLao resort, or the Hyatt in BsAs? The location in Argentina is of secondary importance.

I wouldn't recommend beaches here either. I've never been to the mountains here in Argentina (though I did in Chile and they were spectacular) but I did go to Iguazu and was completely bowled over. I was with friends but I can imagine it'd be beautiful honeymoon destination (especially combined with a Brazilian beach trip). Apparently, there's a hotel that overlooks the falls too.

Back