Hostage Situation in Palermo

LAtoBA

Registered
Just thought I would let anyone know if they're anywhere in the neighborhood of Palermo, especially near Julian Alvarez or Soler, you might want to stay clear if you're driving. There's an ongoing hostage situation in a departamento about a block from where I live!

Got off my regular colectivo only to find that I had to walk two blocks out of my way to get home. It's a media frenzy right now and it's taking place on the 1900 block of Arroaz. Just crazy.

Here's the link: http://www.clarin.com/ciudades/capital_federal/Palermo-asalto-toma_de_rehenes_0_314968683.html

a friend of mine lives on the 4th floor(hostages are on the 6th)and police are in his appt .....

I also had clients that just moved here from NYC held up at gunpoint earlier this week at Fitz Bar in Palermo Hollywood. Gunman took everyone's cash and valuables. Wasn't a very nice welcome to BA for them...especially blocks away from their new apartment. :(

If i was a criminal, i would work palermo. full of naive rich unprotected expats. easy pickings. sad but true.

jaime_jensen said:
I also had clients that just moved here from NYC held up at gunpoint earlier this week at Fitz Bar in Palermo Hollywood. Gunman took everyone's cash and valuables. Wasn't a very nice welcome to BA for them...especially blocks away from their new apartment. :(

Earlier this week, like Tuesday, I was passing Fitz -- if you mean the tea shop with that name on the corner of Fitzroy and ... I'm not sure, maybe Paraguay or Soler -- and it looked like a nice place to get a cup of tea and read for a while. But I had someplace to go and made a note to come back another day.

So this is interesting.

When did this happen? I mean, day or night? It is a busy corner, I pass it often, and if midday, it took a lot of either guts or stupidity to rob the customers in a tiny shop like that on a corner with a constant flow of both car and people traffic.

Can you provide more details?

Back