Hot Sauce

NickBA

Registered
I'm reasonably new to BAExpats (4 months) so I'm sure that this thread has come up in the past, but I'd love to get peoples' opinions about where to find the best hot sauces in BA. I'm aware of the guys selling at the San Telmo market, and they're product is somewhat decent - kind of a spicy pico de gallo; however they act absurdly canchero and have been extremely disrespectful to many of my friends so I choose not to support them.

Aside from this, there is a brand called "Recetas de Entonces" in barrio chino in Belgrano that I think is excellent but also inconsistent. Does anyone know of any other good options?

Nick - just a suggestion, the guys at the San Telmo market in my opinion are very nice. I like their product and the onda they put into it. If you feel they have treated you in an unfriendly manner you should say something to them. Maybe it wasn't done on purpose? Just a thought. They are expats and if they do the right thing by us deserve our support and of course if they don't do the right thing then they don't deserve it. They are well educated and like everybody deserve the benefit of the doubt. I am being totally neutral here.

I also tried El Tejano sauce and I liked it better than the San Telmo's guys. But then again I'm no expert.

Tried, proven, known and recognized the world over. Tabasco! If the red it too hot try the newer green variety made from Jalapenos. The green is milder and has an excellent flavor.....

I bought some Bitarwan stuff that came in a jar.
It was apparently made here too. Haven't seen it for a while though.

NickBA - I can't believe you are publicly talking smack about the YaYa Bean guys. They are two of the nicest expats in BA. Yeah, they are kinda silly but to call then cancheros is absurd.

From the sounds of it you have never actually met them. I really suggest you do, they are great guys.

The Ya Ya guys are fantastic and the hot sauce has great flavor. It's not intended to be scorching hot. I'm bringing 4 bottles home to the states this weekend. I'll miss that stuff.

Thanks for all the great suggestions..the Pancho Villa hot sauce looks great, I'll definitely be giving it a try!
It wasn't my intention to make this thread about smack-talking and I'm sorry if it came across that way, but from my experience they were condescending and rude - which merits a bit of negative publicity. From what I'm seeing in peoples' responses this might not be common, but doesn't change anything.

Back