How are the Dry cleaners / laundry services?

Zackdotcom

Registered
So how have the dry cleaning places been? There are laundry by the kilo services around, do any of you use them?

Thanks

Hi. I use these laundry by kilo (or better, by box) services. You can find them quite cheap (depending on your neighbourhood) and they can be fast too. It takes maximum one day to get your clothes washed (at least here in San Telmo) but the bad part is that after some time the colours really get very pale and washed out. It depends a lot on the place too. Some of my clothes already got lost and others came back with some spots....then I changed the place and now its better...I think it depends a lot on the place and luck :)

Get one that does home delivery. It's kinda like food; if it looks dodgy, don't order!

Zackdotcom said:
So how have the dry cleaning places been? There are laundry by the kilo services around, do any of you use them?

Thanks

Zack the dry cleaning here is a real steal...my husband had a bypass everytime I paid 100+euros in dry cleaning and here it´s a steal for anything inclding heavy coats, duvets etc etc I use the cinco a sec guys and they have even cleaned leather trims and silk with no problem. It´s one of the best kept Argentine secrets..and they work very amenable hours for us workers too. I´ve been so happy over 5 years they merit cards and chocolates at Christmas...first class service to be honest!
Laundry is another matter..you need to find a place where they dont think that making your clothes smell nice is the same thing as removing stains...its a trial and error selection I´d say

5 a Sec is absolutely horrible. They will RUIN your clothes. Avoid them at ALL costs. Try Dolphin System.

I always ask for cold water and only wash- no drying. And then hang the clothes at home to dry. 7.50 for a huge bag which is not the cheapest but they do it well.

Depends where you go. I had terrible luck with a lavadero by me so I now go to my friend's place in Palermo (The Laundry Company) since I trust him to take care of my clothes. Definitely hit or miss - depends on the place.

Back