How Did You Find Your House/apt?

arielm

Registered
Hi friends,

Sorry to intrude - but can i ask where you live and how you found your housing? And, if you have kids, where they go to school?

We are looking for between 14-18 month rental for a family of 4 who's used to living with lots of quiet and space! We would love to find something kid-friendly, furnished, in a safe area, spacious...impossible? Do 4 bedroom apartments exist? Is it true that it's dangerous to rent a house? Thoughts on how to find things in Belgrano R or what it's like in Las Canitas, Recoleta or various barrios in Palermo?

GRACIAS! We arrive in a week...staying with my suegro (father-in-law) hasta que we find a place!

...GRACIAS! We arrive in a week...staying with my suegro (father-in-law) hasta que we find a place!

Your Spanglish brings a tear of joy to my eye and it warms my heart. (Can't answer your questions, but I love your grasp of the expat language.)

Thank you both so much!
PhilipDT, those are both very exciting links. I really appreciate you sending them!!! We are not sure what our budget is - sounds pathetic i know. But, we are trying to get a sense of school costs and the general lay of the land. My husband is from there and is probably going to have a hard time paying the premium we'll have to pay to be temporary/seeking furniture ,etc.

Hi Arielm,

We will be leaving end of August for one year and we will be renting our PH in Chacarita fully furnished. It is 160 square meters plus a terrace of 80 Sq meters with a nice deck, BBQ, and lots of plants. The PH has 3 large bedrooms and two bathrooms plus a very large studio overlooking the terrace (with a sofa bed and its own bathroon).

If interested, send me a PM.

If you have relatives here (the in-laws), it would pay to do some networking through them and their friends. Maybe you'll find something at a more local rate.

Back