How Did You Get Your Guarantia From A Friend?

Ceviche

Registered
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]how many of ba expats managed to convince a "friend" ( not a relative or a employer or a bank) but a friend..owning a apartment to act as your guatantor?[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]for me, it has been a "wild goose chase"![/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]I will love to hear how long you knew them, how you met them and what kind of convincing tactics did you use?[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]how many of ba expats managed to convince a "friend" ( not a relative or a employer or a bank) but a friend..owning a apartment to act as your guatantor?[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]for me, it has been a "wild goose chase"![/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]I will love to hear how long you knew them, how you met them and what kind of convincing tactics did you use?[/background]

Hopefully you find someone willing to do this for you but this may help you to understand why people are not willing or very reluctant to do a "friend" this type of favor. I hope people understand what is involved when you agree to be someone's garante for an apartment lease. The garante contract contains the following clause "GARANTE ES SOLIDARIO, SE CONSTITUYE EN PRINCIPAL FIADOR SOLIDARIO, CODEUDOR, LISO Y LLANO Y PRINCIPAL PAGADOR, con expresa renuncia a los beneficios de division y excusion por el cumplimiento de todas las obligaciones contraidas en el contrato y CON POSTERIORIDAD A SU VENCIMIENTO" which in effect means that not only is the garante responsible for any non-payment of rent, but is also responsible for any damages to the apartment and not only is your apartment given in guarantee but also every single one of your assets including bank accounts, cars, other properties, etc, up until the lessor decides to accept the property back from you. When you sign the garante contract, the non-payment of rent is the LEAST of your worries, let's say you sign the garante contract for a friend, the apartment has a fire and the entire place has to be rebuilt, the condo master policy will cover the structure but guess who will be on the hook for the contents, kitchen cabinets, appliances, flooring, any semi-permanent structure....the tenant, who has no vested interest or YOU THE GARANTE be VERY careful if you decide to do this and those who are asking friends to do this know the risk that is involved for your "friend".

Should't the owner purchase an insurance when he rents out?!

Getting a garantia from a friend might be more difficult than getting a kidney :p ... it's going to be a short list of people willing to do that for you. Most people turn to family.

...And a lot of landlords only accept "familar directo" an immediate family member as a garante. Some will not accept friends and there are many reasons why. Even better than a garante is "seguro de caución" which is offered by Banco Ciudad, Supervielle and a company called "Monclair" http://www.monclair.com.ar/ which offers insurance in the form of garante for renters. You must have verifiable income and be a resident with a DNI to get this. I accepted this insurance from tenants I had in the past, from Banco Supervielle and it was great. The bank paid me the rent on the same day every month, and I was guaranteed the rent even if the tenant didn't pay them. The cost to me the landlord for this was zero and the tenant paid a few percentage points above the rent. I think this should be the only thing landlords can require as the garantía system is a mess (the property can be sold or made into a family asset and then can't be embargoed) and then you have to require the tenant to either give you a new garante or evict them without any protection to you the landlord. Most landlords don't know about this and don't even want to hear about it, they are hard headed, they only want a garantía from an immediate family member in capital federal, and nothing else.

Love to hear some stories about friends who agreed to act as guarantor!

My first guarantor (property owner) was a friend that I had know for a couple of months at the time. And I had no issues at all with guarantors not being family with any of the places I have rented so far.

My first guarantor (property owner) was a friend that I had know for a couple of months at the time. And I had no issues at all with guarantors not being family with any of the places I have rented so far.

Is that the case in Mendoza? I have checked for rentals in the Provincia de BA in small towns, they require a garantia form the locality and from a person that the lanlord Knows to be reputable....

Is that the case in Mendoza? I have checked for rentals in the Provincia de BA in small towns, they require a garantia form the locality and from a person that the lanlord Knows to be reputable....

Same here the guarantors needed to be locals or at least from the same province (probably easier for the realtor to verify the property ownership etc). Most real estate agencies required at least one guarantor with property plus one with income (en blanco with last three or six paystubs) or two guarantors with property. The minimum salary for guarantor with income varied depending on the realtor - some required just a salary higher than the rent others twice the rent. Only once I was able to rent with just one guarantor (small town, realtor knew the guarantor etc.).

Hola Ceviche, you ned to move? you are in a privileged Block and Building with the most well kept transformers, to avoid Power Cuts? Can you give your location so we can rent in that block :cool:

Back