How did you spend Mothers' day?

Gringoboy

Registered
As the only gringo in the family, I was invited to prepare the asado which I really enjoy and keeps me out of mischief.
Chincholines waiting to be prepared are a sight for sore eyes and cooking them is akin to attempting to juggle spaghetti.
Luckily the rain held off for most of the day so I cycled to San Fernando and back and got beautifully drenched.
How did everyone else pass the day?

We had an asado with my husband's family. :) My husband cooked chinchulines, mollejas, and chorizo-like sausage.. thankfully the weather held up so it was a nice day to cook outside with the dogs running around. By the time the rain arrived we were all inside in a food coma!

My husband and I are expecting our first bebé! As of now, I am 15 weeks along. We went to my suegra's house in Martinez. We gave her a card and a gift (addressed to "Mamá/Suegra/Abuelita") of a picture frame with the baby's most recent ultrasound images (for once you can identify it as a human baby and distinguish the profile, body parts, etc., and not as some kind of random ink-blot test where you don't even know if you're holding the paper upside down or not!).

Suegra cried because she was happy, I cried because I've never been so hormonal in my life!...

We had a lovely lunch together (Suegros, brother-in-law and sister-in law, husband, family dog, and me). I was so tired that I couldn't even make it to desert. Passed out on the couch for more than an hour.

Fin :)

I felt much better once I had worked most of it off on my bike.
Avoided the chincolines, but the matambre was ambrosia.
Mollejas next time.

All the best with baby!

Back