How Do I Get A New Dni Card After Temp Visa Renewal?

Fettucini

Registered
I've just had my temporary residency renewed today at migraciones.. anyone know how or where to get an appointment for a new DNI card? I did it last year but cant remember how, and can't find anywhere on the migraciones site how to get it sorted..

Im pretty sure its supposed to come in the mail. Didnt they give you the precaria on paper and tell you to wait a month for the DNI? I find the question a little strange.

Hi there, I am also in the process of getting my new DNI after renewing my temporary work visa for a second time. Unfortunately, my DNI and wallet were stolen during the renewal process, so I have to get a new one with the Registro Nacional de las Personas. You can check with the Registro, and they have information available here and you can get a turno online: http://www.nuevodni.gov.ar/

Otherwise, I am pretty sure you can continue to use the old DNI, as they usually just place a stamp in your passport for your official visa renewal. I just used my previous DNI after the first renewal, and when I traveled, I just presented the DNI along with the visa renewal page in my passport. Hope this helps!

I found it on the migrations site.. wasn't working yesterday, they don't have any appointments for a month and a half though so hoping the old card will work until then..
Mockingbird, the first year it arrives by post, but every annual visa renewal after that you need to make an appointment to apply for a new DNI card.

Ok. My mistake. My experience was different. I think it must be a different category. I received the first temporary residency with a dni good for two years and after that received a permanent residency with a dni good for another two years. Both times the tramite was done in migraciones and both times i received a written precaria before the actual dni came in the mail a month or so later. I was actually impressed with how efficient things were. Also when I went to change categories, they gve me an appointment online within a week. Must be a different category or maybe I just got lucky.

I found it on the migrations site.. wasn't working yesterday, they don't have any appointments for a month and a half though so hoping the old card will work until then..
Mockingbird, the first year it arrives by post, but every annual visa renewal after that you need to make an appointment to apply for a new DNI card.

Back