Over Christmas we had a houseful of visitors who went down like flies with dramatic stomach pains and diahorrea and vomiting. We thought one of them had brought a stomach bug with them from Australia, until discovering one of our rooftop water tanks had a giant hole in its lid. There's a construction project next door, so along with all kinds of revolting organic debris we assume we've been ingesting airborne pollutants. Repair work has been done, but I'm still suspicious as the water is a funny colour. In addition, in the past fortnight, the chlorine taint has become so overpowering the smell lingers in bathrooms and the kitchen. My husband has started complaining that his skin is feeling dry and itchy. Has anyone else noticed this? And, does anyone know of any environmental health agency I can call to have the water tested for drinking quality? We'd be really grateful for your suggestions, thanks.