How do you say hillbilly in castellano?

Fiscal

Registered
Hillbilly, or some other negative term to describe rural people who live in small towns, are unsophisticated, etc...?

Hillbilly, or some other negative term to describe rural people who live in small towns, are unsophisticated, etc...?
Hillbilly is a derogatory term used in the United States for poor uneducated white people who lived in the Appalachian mountains . Mostly of English and Irish lineage. The Appalachian mountains were very isolated and a very unique culture came from these little towns and valleys.

People use hillbilly to describe dumb white people in Alabama too. Your definition is too narrow

"Pajuerano" is pretty close in my understanding - unsophisticated, country bumpkin sort. What we might have called a "hayseed" back in the day. Native speakers please feel free to improve on this.

"Pajuerano" is pretty close in my understanding - unsophisticated, country bumpkin sort. What we might have called a "hayseed" back in the day. Native speakers please feel free to improve on this.

.Pa'Juera'Ano never heard or read this word. However the meaning is correct, perhaps it's used in Mexico or other Latam countries. Ano in this Sense ! denotes a location i.e. Peru-Ano, Bolivi-Ano
The dictionary reports the roots of the word as in Ajuerino, de Ajuera.. meaning Outsider from the countryside , A person De-Ajuera un Ajuer-Ano?

I'd use Pajuerano if you mean naive, some1 not familiar with how things work in the current environment.
If you want to be derogative, then use Villero, since it means somebody completely unsophisticated, uneducated and lacking proper manners. Use at your own risk.

Iz

Back