How healthy is "soda"

sergio

Registered
I'm speaking of the soda water that is sold here in siphon bottles. In this humid weather I've been drinking a lot as it is refreshing and cheap but I've begun to wonder if it is healthy. Any thoughts?

Soda water or agua con gas is just carbonated water. Unless the bubbles bother your stomach, there doesn't seem to be much to worry about.

carbonated bubbles in seltzer are air pockets.
You drink those, and the air builds up in your stomach, which can cause abdominal distention." In addition to causing bloating, drinking a lot of seltzer may result in a few other uncomfortable issues, too. If you’re introducing extra air into your system, it has to leave at some point.

It tends to be higher in sodium; some brands claim lower sodium - but in general, it's a hellova' lot better than cola (no sugar, 0 calories, no hidden 'secret' ingredient s

I was intrigued when I saw locals add it to their Malbec so decided to buy some and give it a try.....never again.

I also found it horrible on its own so the rest of the bottle went to waste. My favourite soft drink is 'paso de los torres' a sparkling pomelo drink. However I drink mostly beer when I'm thirsty.

I'm speaking of the soda water that is sold here in siphon bottles. In this humid weather I've been drinking a lot as it is refreshing and cheap but I've begun to wonder if it is healthy. Any thoughts?
It was my daily drink for 20 years in a row and I feel great!

I was intrigued when I saw locals add it to their Malbec so decided to buy some and give it a try.....never again.

I also found it horrible on its own so the rest of the bottle went to waste. My favourite soft drink is 'paso de los torres' a sparkling pomelo drink. However I drink mostly beer when I'm thirsty.

Paso de Los Toros....!

People used to add soda several decades ago, sort of... '"to make the wine last longer" or like a light spritz that children could also have. They also used to sell the wine in "damajuanas".

Soda is filtered tap water with Co2.
It does not add more “air” to the body because the Co2 becomes carbon acid once it dissolves with the water.
Quality depends on where the water comes from. If it is in San Martin, nitrates are 50 ppm. If it is from Berazategui the water is going to be hard and taste better. From any other part of the city, it is water from the Rio de la Plata where nitrates are 2.5 ppm.
Nitrates is the chemical name for shit.

Back