How is it possible Argentina only has 2100 covid cases?

Fiscal

Registered
Chile and Peru both have over six thousand. Anyone really believe the government's number?

Chile has made ten times more tests per 1M people.

Tests/ 1M pop
Argentina: 437
Chile: 4,304

Chile and Peru both have over six thousand. Anyone really believe the government's number?
Tests. However, some here think Argentina is excellent at rolling out an infrastructure for a wide testing scheme. I personally have my doubts.

Chile has made ten times more tests per 1M people.

Tests/ 1M pop
Argentina: 437
Chile: 4,304

Thanks!

Bloomberg had an article on the efforts here in Buenos Aires in regard to the quarantine. It was very complimentary. Now we need to use face coverings starting the 15th. This country seems to be doing a top notch job.
I'm trapped in Peru which has incredibly strict quarantine rules. For one week men and women could not be outside on the same day. Yet they have over six thousand cases.

I'm trapped in Peru which has incredibly strict quarantine rules. For one week men and women could not be outside on the same day. Yet they have over six thousand cases.
As I thought, another cynic, sensationalist NOT IN ARGENTINA opining in negatives from elsewhere.

So explain using logic and reason how Argentina magically has less than half the cases as Peru and Chile

You guys have to remember there is an element of luck in this. Not all countries are going to be affected equally, some places had the virus spread further before the response and some didn't. Colombia has done double the tests and has 600 more cases, Ecuador has done only marginally more tests and has 5000 more cases and are having serious problems. All we know is that in all places the virus is wider spread than is offical and countires need to test more. But luck and and how countries have responded are both going to have an impact and it's impossible to compare two countires at the moment.

Back