How is life in Buenos Aires these days?

Escritora

Registered
Hello,
Hope you are well. I might get a chance to spend some time in Buenos Aires, and I was wondering how things are there now. I would be staying in the Palermo area. Can vaccinated people feel relatively safe from Covid, and are there many or any restrictions in place? What are you enjoying about Buenos Aires, or what are you not enjoying so much? Does the cost of living seem high? Any advice for someone going to Buenos Aires? Thanks so much for any ideas, and stay safe.

Hello,
Hope you are well. I might get a chance to spend some time in Buenos Aires, and I was wondering how things are there now. I would be staying in the Palermo area. Can vaccinated people feel relatively safe from Covid, and are there many or any restrictions in place? What are you enjoying about Buenos Aires, or what are you not enjoying so much? Does the cost of living seem high? Any advice for someone going to Buenos Aires? Thanks so much for any ideas, and stay safe.

I'm surprised nobody answered this.
Life here is great! As of last Friday most restrictions are lifted here in the capital. The weekly number of new cases of corona has been down for 8 weeks in a row now. The Subway and buses and trains are all open now, and service is working to all the stations. I rode the Subway last week for the first time in 18 months and was amazed at un-crowded it was, and how fast the trains were running.

Wearing a mask is no longer required on the street, but most people still wear them indoors. The restaurants are open and will be delighted to have you.

Your question about cost of living seeming high made me chuckle out loud, no offense. No, Argentina is very, very cheap right now. If you have income in dollars, euros, pounds sterling, or any other hard currency, the city is your playground.

Do be aware than January will be beastly hot and humid, and December and February won't be much better.

As far as general advice, see this thread, particularly my post at the bottom of page one, but read all three pages.

i thought the city didn't adopt the national announcement? therefore still required in open air.

OK, I stand corrected. I saw the announcement from the federal government, and didn't realize that the city government here in the capital declared a different policy.

I'm surprised nobody answered this.
Life here is great! As of last Friday most restrictions are lifted here in the capital. The weekly number of new cases of corona has been down for 8 weeks in a row now. The Subway and buses and trains are all open now, and service is working to all the stations. I rode the Subway last week for the first time in 18 months and was amazed at un-crowded it was, and how fast the trains were running.

Wearing a mask is no longer required on the street, but most people still wear them indoors. The restaurants are open and will be delighted to have you.

Your question about cost of living seeming high made me chuckle out loud, no offense. No, Argentina is very, very cheap right now. If you have income in dollars, euros, pounds sterling, or any other hard currency, the city is your playground.

Do be aware than January will be beastly hot and humid, and December and February won't be much better.

As far as general advice, see this thread, particularly my post at the bottom of page one, but read all three pages.

Hello Redpossum, Thank you so much for your reply. I appreciate the feedback, and I am really hoping to visiting Buenos Aires. Maybe, hopefully, by the time I got there in November, the pandemic will have continued to recede. Thanks again

Hello Redpossum, Thank you so much for your reply. I appreciate the feedback, and I am really hoping to visiting Buenos Aires. Maybe, hopefully, by the time I got there in November, the pandemic will have continued to recede. Thanks again

I'm always glad to help! When I arrived here in the Southern Cone 7 years ago, the people in this community were very helpful to me. Well, most of them anyhow :)

If you like, send me a DM when you arrive and we'll have a coffee.

I'm always glad to help! When I arrived here in the Southern Cone 7 years ago, the people in this community were very helpful to me. Well, most of them anyhow :)

If you like, send me a DM when you arrive and we'll have a coffee.
Thank you! Much appreciated.

Back