How Long Can A Case Take To Get To Trial ?

PaulBee

Registered
It´s going on 13 years since I started a law suit. A year ago, there was a preliminary
trial. We haven´t yet gotten to the actual trial. Any guesses on whether the trial
will ever take place ? (No, this isn´t a joke. It´s very clear that I´m owed money.)

Bajo_cero would be the one to ask for that, I would imagine, although he's a criminal lawyer I believe.

Sorry for your situation, OP. I may soon be in that situation myself. If things go for me like they're going for you, I won't live to see the result.

It´s going on 13 years since I started a law suit. A year ago, there was a preliminary
trial. We haven´t yet gotten to the actual trial. Any guesses on whether the trial
will ever take place ? (No, this isn´t a joke. It´s very clear that I´m owed money.)

Ufff thats a long long long long long long long long long time to say the least. I wonder if you get inflation interest etc taken into account and tacked on the bill should you win.

Unfortunately it can take more that that. It all depends on the type of trial ( civil, work, criminal, social security, etc ) the judge you get, your lawyer and luck.

I've just remembered that my father in law took the Argentine state to court over his pension for which they had been underpaying him.
It took about ten years and he finally received all the back pay, adjusted for inflation, maybe even interest too (I can't be sure on that), which he got a couple of months ago.

I've just remembered that my father in law took the Argentine state to court over his pension for which they had been underpaying him.
It took about ten years and he finally received all the back pay, adjusted for inflation, maybe even interest too (I can't be sure on that), which he got a couple of months ago.

Same here for my husband's grandpa, but he has still to see the light at the end of the court tunnel. He is going for 91 in a couple of weeks and it looks like that the Argentine strategy is "let nature take care of the case before the court does".

He says it was on the order of 50.000 USD when he filed for complain, he was proven correct, but he was never actually paid. So he had to file another claim and that one is lying somewhere in a dusty galpón.

Same here for my husband's grandpa, but he has still to see the light at the end of the court tunnel. He is going for 91 in a couple of weeks and it looks like that the Argentine strategy is "let nature take care of the case before the court does".

He says it was on the order of 50.000 USD when he filed for complain, he was proven correct, but he was never actually paid. So he had to file another claim and that one is lying somewhere in a dusty galpón.
If your husband's grandfather died, his children have the right to continue with the trial and get paid.

Back