How Many Expats Live in Buenos Aires

joemama

Registered
Hola chicos.

Are there any numbers for how many English-speaking expats live in Buenos Aires?

Thanks!

This topic has been discussed a few times on the forum. No one really knows. Some estimates suggest that there are nearly 100,000 native English speakers living here, but others think that it is much lower than that. The estimate I heard before coming here 3 years ago, was 40,000 Britons, 40,000 Americans and roughly 10-20,000 Canadians/Aussies/New Zealanders.

But no one really knows.

I think you would have to differentiate between living here and passing through. Tons of people are here for 3 months, 6 months, maybe a year but that's not living here IMO.

Living here FT as in fully expatriated - I would guess the numbers are much, much lower.

citygirl said:
I think you would have to differentiate between living here and passing through. Tons of people are here for 3 months, 6 months, maybe a year but that's not living here IMO.

Living here FT as in fully expatriated - I would guess the numbers are much, much lower.
that,s still me ;)

citygirl said:

Even then it would be very difficult to define was passing through...I came here for some months and after some decades am still 'passing through'

I thought that this had been discussed before.

And we came up with the number: 7

Napoleon said:
I thought that this had been discussed before.

And we came up with the number: 7
Didn't you hear Mr. Owl? It was "three".

Anybody have any clue on how one could go about doing an estimate? I would put in some hours if somebody with some data sampling/statistics could provide some guidance.

Back