How Milei revived Argentina’s dormant property market

As Kathleen Hanna says, suck my left one. As in, they honestly expect us to believe there is a surge in property sales because 100 people in the entire country got some kind of mortgage in Feb?
10% interest, with an inflation adjustment clause?
Color me dubious.

Property sales have improved under Mileis government due to many factores. The main one is the dollar planchado that has made many argentinian people invest their hidden dollars into property purchases. I expect prices to rise substancially in 2024

With the harmonization of the official and informal exchange rates, will this smooth the process of foreigners transferring in funds to purchase property. In other words, will foreigners be able to bring in foreign currency at the market rate legally (by not using the informal rate) for the purchase of property?

i believe some foreigners have vested interest to harp increase in property prices as a way of marketing their own business as a real estate agent ( in Argentina - many of them have been unemployed since Covid) or looking to act as an "advisor" to a foreigner trying to buy here.

there is a huge inventory - specially the expensive ones ; and no one is buying.

Its indeed possible, the hole in the wall ( studios) types have become a bit dearer as construction costs have increased significantly - driving people to only choose old properties..

Nevertheless, there is a huge amount of inventory in the market.

Last edited:
Back