How much do you tip at cafes and restaurants?

10% is fine - in fact, is over what most locals tip. Unlike the US, waiters here do get a salary and do not depend on tips.

Stop tipping so much. 10% only if you are extremely happy but people leave less than that. This is not the USA

If I go eat alone and pay let's say 10 mil or even less a 20% time is no so much. And I do it when it's good service, it's not really % based but I'm not going to wait for change on a 2000 bill just to give exactly 10-15%.

I don't need usa style of service where they are constantly asking you what you need with fake smiles but I appreciate efficient service. It's really mind boggling being a regular in a place and still being almost completely ignored by waiters or them taking like 20 minutes to bring your bill.

In some places it just seems like a customer is an annoyance and the employees would rather talk amongst themselves.

As someone who is earning in local currency, what is going out to eat? I don’t even remember what eating out is like. Don’t blame the locals for not tipping. The situation that we are living at the moment is dire.

Back