How much does Starbucks coffee cost in CF?

steveinbsas

Registered
Could someone please tell me the retail price (in CF) of bags of Starbucks whole grain coffee (either 250 or 500 grams). I'm too far away to find out for myself. Muchas gracias.:)

250 = 40-48

2x the price of the states but roughly the same as the rest of the drinkable coffee in buenos aires.
Edit to add that 500g is not available here

PhilipDT said:
250 = 40-48

2x the price of the states but roughly the same as the rest of the drinkable coffee in buenos aires.

Thanks for the info!

Which coffees do you consider drinkable?...anyone else care to comment?

There are some decent roasts available at the arabic delis. Damasco comes to mind (Scalabrini Ortiz between Cabrera and Gorriti), last time we bought some (last month) a kilo was $90 pesos. It's what I regularly buy and drink here, and is definitely comparable to the blends from places like Bonafide, etc.

I actually don't have a big issue with Argentine coffee and find the beans in bonafide really nice. I also like a supermarket brand (the one that comes in a gold bag...i think its cabrales) really nice...though I'm sure plenty of people will disagree.
I purchased some coffee from a middle-eastern deli on Malabia (and Cabrera) a few weeks ago and not only was it very expensive (about 20 pesos for 100 grams) and tasted like dish water (and this was after grinding the beans myself!) but the owner was incredibly rude and arrogant. It's put me off buying anything from one of those deli's...but I have heard good things about damascos

steveinbsas said:
Thanks for the info!

Which coffees do you consider drinkable?...anyone else care to comment?
Est. General de Cafe. is the Argentine option for me. Went on a recommendation from someone here on this site, and have kept on going back. They have several very good roasts, (and several crappy ones) from all over the world. I like the portabello blend at 164/kilo.

They also have 3 different types of chocolate covered coffee beans. Yum!

Also Segafredo sells their "Italian roast" for 160/kilo and its really good too.

Those 2 plus starbucks make up my coffee rotation.

Oh and for anybody who likes richer coffee, go grab a bag of the starbucks "tribute blend" while its still there. I was at first disappointed upon seeing that they had replaced all of their different offerings (including my beloved sumatra) with just the tribute blend, but when I got home I was very pleasantly surprised. It was a 1 off thing though and supplies are running low.

Back