How much i need to bring with me for start?

jovana84

Registered
Hello,
In 4 months I coming in BA for long term...can you tell me aprox how much in $/euros/pesos I need to bring for start for expense like food,phone,gas,electricity,bus and similar etc and for every day....
Thank you,

You need to estimate how much you will pay to rent a place, including the deposit. Rents vary so much by the size and location of the place and this will be your biggest cost by far. Check out the popular rental sites such at ByT and LandingPad to estimate your rent and deposit. That's what you need to bring in USD. Food, buses, etc same as you are spending now....

jovana think!

Read your post as if someone else had provided so little information and wanted to know how much money to bring to Serbia.

Living in the basement of a deserted house? in a posh house with 4 bedrooms? etc.

If you want a useful answer more info is needed.

Hey Jovana84 feel free to email me at [email protected] with your details

Moving here can be overwhelming if you ahve not lived on your own before or in a big city.

I have 6 years of worldy and reasonable advice living and working in BA.

Thank you everybody for this...
it was my mistake,I dont give more info...
I know prices for air tickets,language course...
I looking for prices for rent in locations like : San Telmo,Reloceta,Palermo,Congreso...
I willing to live with someone who is normal,trustworth person ...and i think it is better to know the person a bit before you come because is not easy to shapre private life and similar things with total stranger.. i know that because I lived 2y in USA with people I have seen then for first time in my life... if you understand what i want to say...so I looking to make and friends here :)))))) who is in similar position and i am available between June 1 to July 3,2010 to come in BA...

I think max price for rent what i can to pay is around USD400...how going with paying in advanced months for example for 1-3 months or how going with that? And in price going and gas,electricity,internet and other bills or not?
That is the biggest question for that,because this is most important questionn...
I think everything else can to fix on place but this... :(((

I agree that BA is huge city,nad i need from first person little help like advice for every day stuffs,prices...
I am open for every good advice and thank you all...
If I find some another "smart question"...I will post here :))))
Sincerely ,
Jovana

When I moved back to Argentina in July 2010 I lived for 5 months in San Telmo in a nice and comfortable studio apartment with beautiful architecture, but nothing luxurious and it cost me US$625. The first month was US$725 through an agency than I dealt directly with the owner, which is the ideal situation here. I now live in Las Cañitas in a much nicer 1 bedroom apartment and it's $700/month. For my current situation I didn't want to pay 12 months in advance, so I agreed to pay 2 months rent at a time.

To answer your question. Sorry to not have good news, but it's honestly a pretty expensive city. More than most US cities I've lived in. I am quite careful with my money and usually eat out only 1-2 times per week and rarely go to bars etc, but I'd say including rent and other expenses I spend US$1300-1500 per month. I know I could live with a roommate to lower my expenses, but I'd prefer not to. The large majority of my expenses besides rent are groceries.

My partner and I live modestly here (rarely taking taxis [we ride bikes, busses, and subte], going out to bars or restaurants, etc.) and budget for roughly $2,000 dollars a month. We live in Caballito almost Flores (WELL off the tourist grid). Outside of rent our biggest expense here is food, and I cook every day.

Someone posted this article about inflation http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/06/world/americas/06argentina.html?src=twrhp which should give you an indication that it's bad. Prices are going up constantly. Furnished apartment rentals are not cheap--if your budget really is only $400 a month you'll need to rent a room in a furnished/SHARED apartment. You didn't say how long you plan to stay (long term can mean a lot of different things to different people), but know that any unfurnished apartment has a standard 2 year contract and you'll need a property owner in Capital to be your guarantor (not the easiest thing to get someone to do if you're fresh off the boat).

Good luck!

Back