How much philanthropy is there in Argentina from mega rich?

Cesares doesnt live in Argentina. He has never made a billionaire list, or even come close. He has "sold" 3 companies which the total sales prices added up to a Billion, but he didnt own any of them 100%. He is certainly a rich expat living in Cali, but he is not a billionaire, and, probably, not a big charity giver in Argentina. He has been helping Latinx people in Silicon Valley, but not in very large financial increments, more in terms of helping them get investments and jobs from others. https://slate.com/technology/2012/1...helping-latinos-ascend-in-silicon-valley.html

If you really want to understand how it works in Argentina, here is a primer on the tax laws, and how they affect donations. I am sure its more complicated in reality, but this is a start. https://www.cof.org/content/nonprofit-law-argentina
Some, but not all, donations to non-profits may be eligible for some Federal tax deductions.

Cesares ... is certainly a rich expat living in Cali, but he is not a billionaire, and, probably, not a big charity giver in Argentina.

At the current price, 100,000 bitcoins makes one a billionaire. By 2012-13 (bitcoin price at $13 end of 2012), he was telling all his rich friends to "invest as much as you can afford to lose". (Source: Digital Gold by Nathaniel Popper) So he would have only had to invest US $1.3M of his money to buy the 100,000 bitcoins at $13. I can't say for sure that he bought at least this many, but I'd be willing to bet a few satoshis that he did, and still holds them. I'm not sure how you are able to say with 100% certainty that he does not hold these bitcoins. Admittedly, it's hard to prove this negative.

Forbes is generally the global go to for the billionaire count, as they have, over time, a pretty good record, the resources and connections to get accurate data, and no political horse in the race.
So, me, I tend to believe them.
Certainly, its possible there are secret bitcoin billionaires.
Generally, though, real billionaires can be tracked by investment and spending patterns.
While its theoretically possible a billionaire would keep their entire wad in bitcoins, and not even buy the occasional $50 million dollar house or new Bentley, its pretty unlikely.

Anyway, regardless of how many bitcoins this guy has, he does not seem to be a significant philanthropist in Argentina.
Nor is Menem, or even Maximo.

There is little vanity charity in Argentina.
There are foundations, still wholely owned by the wealthy, which may have some public functions, like Malba or Fortabat or Macba, all of which show privately owned artwork which could be sold by the owner at any time. There are some rich people who fund football pitches, or give money to youth football programs.

But without a tax incentive, not too many 100 million dollar law schools or opera houses.

Serious query, How can one open a charity organization in BA?

What will be the steps?

Will there be harassment from the government?

How to hire employees to run it?

Serious query, How can one open a charity organization in BA?

What will be the steps?

Will there be harassment from the government?

How to hire employees to run it?
As they are the ones who make sure AFIP is satisfied that all regulations are complied with, an experienced accountant should be able to answer all of the above questions.

Back