How Much Time Do I Need For Imigration Leaving The Country?

eschal

Registered
Hi Im leaving the country for xmas and my visa has been expiered for several months, My flight leaves at 6 in the morning and im wondering how long it will take to get threw the imigration process of paying the fine and getting the stamp? I dont want to miss my flight.
Cheers

Try to be there quite early. At that time in the morning you usually won't have too many problems, but I did have a situation where I only just reached my plane because there was a queue at immigration and also at the bank inside the airport where you need to pay your fine.

Better spend night at the airport. You can sleep in the plane.

Tough call. Some years ago I nearly missed a flight because I was deliberately being toyed with by officials for having an expired visa. I barely made the flight and I think they got a kick out of watching me sweat. It cured me of ever letting my tourist visa expire again after that.

Go to immigrations and deal with it , so you do not have to worry about it at the airport.

The guard at the bank told me to bypass the line when he realized i was there to pay the overstay fee

Back