how old of a background check can you use?

SecretShopper

Registered
Anyone have any experience on using an older background check for the consulates? I did one back in Feb to get accepted in the university. Wondering if I'll need to do a new one for the student visa.

My wife was able to use her expired background check after a conversation with the guy in the consulate in Houston. Due to corona the apostille process was severely delayed so she could not present a new one in a timely manner. The guy requested that she send the old one (expired by maybe 2 months) and then forward the newer one when it was finally apostilled.

This was slightly over a year ago.

Is there an expiration date that I didn't pay attention to? I don't have it in front of me. How long until it usually expires?

I think the Arg consulate will only accept a apostilled background check within 60 days of the date of the check. It's either 60 or 90, I can't remmeber exactly. After that many days you're required to recheck.

Anyone have any experience on using an older background check for the consulates? I did one back in Feb to get accepted in the university. Wondering if I'll need to do a new one for the student visa.
2 years. If you already were here for 2 years uninterrupted, you do not need it at all.

I had this experience: I travel a lot for work.. (well used to). The background check they accept needs to be within 60 days and the last time you visited the US. If you got a backgroung check, entered Argentina, then exited Argentina and then entered Argentina again, they'll want a new apostille'd FBI check.

Exciting!

Back