How Safe Is Buying Blue Dollars On Florida Street?

searchandbuild

Registered
So, I'll be coming back to Argentina for a little while. The last time I was there I was selling my dollars to the Chinos for $470 pesos in exchange for every $100. The peso was at like $4.20 something to the dollar back then. I now hare that I can get a lot more money for my dollars. So, I'd just like to know how safe these transactions are. I will be exchanging "a lot" of money. Will someone try and follow me home? Should I bring a few people with me? Also, spare me the whole "yanqui, you're taking advantage of the black market thing" ..the official rate is a lie..that's why there is a black market. Thanks in advance.

It is safe to exchange your money there, Lot of people do that all the time, but you can find more info doing a search in the forum, there are lot of thread talking about that.

Thanks lamarque. I will definitely do that.

Richone, I think I'd prefer getting shot in the ass by thugs over getting f*cked in the ass by the fake exchange rate the government there has established :) ..thanks for the response.

Richone, I think I'd prefer getting shot in the ass by thugs over getting f*cked in the ass by the fake exchange rate the government there has established :) ..thanks for the response.

That's quite a dilemma right there, never thought of it that way.

Once you are here you will find it quite easy to find all sorts of possibilities to exchange. I even asked successfully in Restaurants etc. Many People are desperate to buy US....

Avoid the risk of carrying a bunch of cash into the country and getting it stolen out of your apartment. Open a Xoom account and pull cash from your U.S. account at the blue rate as you need it without having to suffer the trek to Florida Street. www.xoom.com for all the details. Search "xoom" and you will find more threads.

Searchand Build , there may be many takers for your prefernces... :cool:

Back