How To Burn Mp3 D V D

khairyexpat

Registered
Hi:

Such simple a request, yet so hard to achieve. (embarrassing !)

I`m trying to make a copy (for a friend) ... of my mp3 pin drive (about 2.7 Gb worth of mp3 music files ... more or less 20 hours of music) to a single disk that could play on any regular common CD player or a car stereo.

CD`s can only support about 90 minutes, therefore thought a DVD should do the trick, but DVD`s don`t seem to play on a regular common CD player ... ( even if they perfectly play on a laptop).

There must be a way around this !!!!!!!

Your help very much appreciated.

Desperate no clue layman lost & confused in modern high tech here !!!!

Hi:

Such simple a request, yet so hard to achieve !

I`m trying to make a copy (for a friend) ... of my mp3 pin drive (about 2.7 Gb worth of mp3 music files ... more or less 20 hours of music) to a single disk that could play on any regular common CD player or a car stereo.

CD`s can only support about 90 minutes, therefore thought a DVD should do the trick, but DVD`s don`t seem to play on a regular common CD player ... ( even if they perfectly play on a laptop).

There must be a way around this !!!!!!!

Your help very much appreciated.

Desperate no clue layman lost & confused in modern high tech here !!!!

CD players can not read DVDs. DVD players can read both CDs and DVDs. If you're stuck with a CD player then I would suggest you burn those songs on multiple CDs. You will need 4 CDs (each CD has a capacity of 700MB and depending on the quality of music you've got, that is, file size, you can add a lot more than 90 songs to your CD).

Hi khairyexpat,

You're correct that normal audio CDs can only go up to about 90 minutes of music. But the way around this is to burn a CD with mp3 files, instead of making an audio CD. The mp3 files are much smaller, so you can fit much more than the 90 minutes. But you need to make sure that your friend's CD player can play mp3 CDs (the old ones can't, because mp3's didn't exist).

Also, if you have 2.7GB of mp3 files, that definitely will not fit on a single CD. You could spread it across a few mp3 CDs (maybe 4).

I bought a 16 GB Apple Nano and an audio cassette adapter to listen to music and Spanish lessons in my car. Your friend might be able to find a compatible adapter for his CD player and if his cell phone doesn't have the storage needed, buy a Nano or something comparable. Then you could transfer your music to his cell phone or Nano and he could listen to it on his CD player. Might be cheaper to buy a DVD player.

Back