How to call a US number collect

I have the SKYPE subscription plan. Prepaid with a US credit or debit card, you get unlimited minutes to landlines and mobile phones
for US$2.99 per month.

Or you can call from your home landline....
Estados Unidos y Canadá
En general, es posible hacer una llamada a cobro revertido desde un teléfono fijo marcando "0" y siguiendo las instrucciones automatizadas o con asistencia de un operador.

Last edited:
I have Skype, but this morning it didn't work well, and I must report a credit card problem. Will try Gracielle's reccomendation. Thanks.

Does anyone know how to do this? Help will be much appreciated....
In the old days, it was simply a matter of dialing the operator and asking her / him to place a collect call for you.

I can't imagine anything has changed except for that it is probably a rarity today and that there could be some extra operator assist fee on top of what the actual transmission charges are.

I am not sure it works for international calls, but you can always try.
If you are with Telecom/Personal, dial 0800 and talk to the operator.
If you are with Telefonica/Movistar dial 19+local phone number with area code.
Or you can always call to your operator's support line and ask them how to make "llamadas por cobrar".

Sorry if this isn't related enough, but does anyone know how to call 0810 numbers? You can't do so via Skype it seems and I have a data-only SIM. Do I just need to add saldo with Claro to call from my phone? Or is there some other Skype-type alternative I'm unaware of? Thanks!

Back