How to call a US number collect

Sorry if this isn't related enough, but does anyone know how to call 0810 numbers? You can't do so via Skype it seems and I have a data-only SIM. Do I just need to add saldo with Claro to call from my phone? Or is there some other Skype-type alternative I'm unaware of? Thanks!

Have you tried to call it from Claro? Have you tried to call any number from Claro?

Go to https://miclaro.claro.com.ar and register with them to see your account type and balance.

I know I don't have credit at the moment for calls, so no. I imagine it would work if I added credit, but making calls on Skype (rarely, when I can't from WhatsApp) is usually cheaper. Skype doesn't allow calls to 0810 though (and maybe a few other types of numbers). Thanks.

I know I don't have credit at the moment for calls, so no. I imagine it would work if I added credit, but making calls on Skype (rarely, when I can't from WhatsApp) is usually cheaper.
Last time I checked calls to toll-free numbers were free on Claro network. Even on prepaid Claro SIMs.
0810 is charged as a local call, probably. But you just need to add 350 pesos on Claro prepaid to have unlimited local calls to any local company.

Last edited:
Last time I checked calls to toll-free numbers were free on Claro network. Even on prepaid Claro SIMs.
0810 is charged as a local call, probably. But you just need to add 350 pesos on Claro prepaid to have unlimited local calls to any local company.
if you are in B.A. you are welcome to use my phone to call the US. As long as there is internet no problem. I am in Palermo so we would have to meet. Happy to assist you.

I'm just trying to make calls within Argentina but it does seem 0810 isn't free. No worries, I'll get there! But thank you for the kind offer. :)

I don't know if this would be useful to anyone, but for years I've used a company called Rebtel for international calls. I can call both cell phones and landlines, anywhere in the world, and it is unlimited as far as minutes. It cost me $10 U.S./month flat rate. You dial a local access number near where you are, enter your PIN (if the system doesn't automatically recognize your originating number) then follow the prompts. I've has zero problems with them. There is an access number in BsAs.

The service can be used from both landlines and cell phones (there's some kind of app for that, but I don't use a cell). Google Rebtel if interested.

I guess all the talk about VOIP services is totally upon deaf ears around here. Big Tech answers only. And damn, if i received an international collect call it better be for the communication of some extreme circumstance or I'm breaking some kneecaps.

Back