How To Deal With Telecom Company "personal"

Ceviche

Registered
Hi,

Needed your guidance on dealing with "Personal".

I have a post paid connection. Generally I am happy with it.

But on scrutinizing their bill, I noticed that they are making me pay for some "subscriptions" which I never subscribed for.

Every once in a while I get some messages on my sms from Personal "play games" on my celular. For that they charge me 70 pesos per month and I never even subscribed for it to receive such sms. Similarly for some other things ( SMS messages sent by personal to me to promote some scheme) , I am charged 58 and 60 pesos per month respectively. Thats almost 200 pesos!

Secondly, I noticed that IVA is charged to me twice.

First 21% IVA is charged to me for each and every item individually. Then 21% IVA is again charged to me on the grand total. Is it normal?

Please advise -if I can get a refund on these items for past 1 year or so.

Many Thanks.

My wife's 'hobby' is seeking out erroneous charges on every statement/bill/till receipt she receives. I used to think it was all a bit OCD until she informed me hardly ever a week goes by without her finding something amiss. A phone call to customer services or a word in the ear of the store manager usually gets the 'error' fixed and when it doesn't threatening to cancel the contract especially with the likes of Movistar or Cablevision ends up with her getting an even cheaper package. Even the guy who collects the car/house insurance payments was found guilty of adding an extra ten pesos to the total two months in a row despite his first arithmetic failure being pointed out to him.

Makes you wonder how many people are totally unaware of being overcharged on a regular basis.

I am personally shocked to see this kind of open robbery.

To charge me 21% IVA twice..first on individual item and then again on grand total! How much money they are stealing every month

This is standard operating procedure for these companies. In the US, AT&T and Comcast both were recently fined 100's of millions of dollars for charging customers for unwanted services and intentionally slowing down people's cell phone data speed. With earnings in the tens of billions, this is chump change for them.

I had a similar experience with Movistar and started at their website, where the so called 'chat with an operative' function exists but is inoperative and simply manned by robots. I then went to their Facebook page, used the chat facility there and they removed the offending sms that I had never subscribed to and refunded me.
Also, a while ago I called Fibertel to increase my 6mbs to 12, which they did at no extra cost for 12 months only to find that they'd hiked up the next bill. A quick phone call got that sorted, but not without leaving a nasty taste.
Thieves, the lot of them, but they can be brought to heel.

Now you are starting to understand how this country works, i'm glad to see some of you catching up , welcome to the upside down world of logic where i was threaten with having the water service shut off if i didn't pay the bill......the only problem is.... i have no water service to the property and the only way to ''solve it'' would be for me to pay what they demand plus a year worth of service in order to quit getting billed and put an end to my ''debt'' or else they will keep billing me and my debt will increase....... :confused: :mad: ( poor bastards they are not even protected by a blindex when they actually tell you this)which triggers evil thoughts on my side heheheh

Problem resolved.

Finally went to Personal office today. Met a nice attendant there .

He gave me 50% discount on my expensive personal Black plan for next 1 year.

I save more than I lost!

So all is well, which ends well.

Back