How To Forward A Yahoo Email Thread Except One?

khairyexpat

Registered
Thanks in advance for your time.

Have a Yahoo email thread that contains 9 emails back and forth on the same issue (except one).

I want to forward only 8 of those emails to a third party (the 9th is unrelated issue)

(can`t see any other options ... either delete all 9 or forward all 9 .. )

Much appreciated !

Before you send the full thread, you would be able to scroll through the message and manually remove the lines you think are irrelevant (with delete/backspace)

Before you send the full thread, you would be able to scroll through the message and manually remove the lines you think are irrelevant (with delete/backspace)

I tried ...
Can Select and highlight a portion of text ... but deleting it, deletes the whole thread.
Manually delete/backspace also ......................................... deletes the whole thread.

Had to go to TrashFolder and move it back to the Inbox.

I do not know about the yahoo mail web interface. I am using Gmail or Outlook and there it is possible.

Per email specification, it must be possible to delete a selected part of a forwarded email, because an email is just a text with attachments also encoded as text within the same message.

However web front ends render an email more beautifully, especially if the email text contains HTML and they do not show attachments in text encoding. It depends on the rendering how you can modify a forwarded email.

In Gmail and Outlook, you can selectively remove parts of a forwarded email. If Yahoo does not allow this, I would think their web interface is broken. Though searching with Google suggests it would be possible

Have you tried looking at https://www.google.com/search?q=yahoo+mail+remove+part+of+forwarded+email ?

The way to do it is as follows:
Settings ==> More Settings ==> Viewing Email ==> Ungroup by Conversation ==> Go Back to InBox ==> search for and delete the email you want to exclude ==> Settings ==> More Settings ==> Viewing Email ==> Group by Conversation ==> go back to InBox
V O I L A
(You can retrieve the deleted email from the TrashFolder if you need it back).

BUT NOW I AM TECHNICALLY CHALLEGED AGAIN WITH ANOTHER QUESTION:
That thread of email grew up to 43 emails.
But mysteriously it has been reducing itself to 41 and now at 38 .....
Does anyone know what is happening ?

Back