How To In Bs As - Vonage

Kevin_CG

Registered
Hey all! I'm thinking about getting Vonage in order to make calls back to the U.S.

Has anyone done this recently from Argentina? Is the shipping now maybe a little more reliable than in the past if I order the package from Vonage? (Their site says they ship via UPS)

Or better yet, anyone have a Vonage router and adapter they are looking to sell?

Any other Voip recommendations welcome =)

Gracias a todos! Have a good weekend with a couple facturas

I use Google Voice with Hangouts dialer installed on our android phones. Free calls to the US. No special hardware necessary. Works well.

Just bring majic jack app. activate it in US...

you would be fine.

I juse majic jack in conjunction with pingo.com...and it has helped me all over the world where ever there is good wifi or food LTE connection.

I use skype with a US phone number to make voice calls to the US from my phone/pc. Also works well and no additional hardware required.

I just brought my old Vonage router and existing phone line from USA.

I got one from someone here who had an extra one. Don't know of any other extra ones around.

I don't think it's time to test the import restrictions on something like a Vonage router coming in through customs. If you don't already have a router or can't find one here (I did a quick search on MercadoLibre and didn't find one) or can't get someone to bring one down, I'd look at one of the previously-mentioned options.

I also use Skype and have a telephone number in the States with Skype credit for phone-to-phone calls at a ridiculously low rate in most countries (Argentina, of course, excepted). Cheaper than Vonage unless you use it an awful lot phone-to-phone, Skype-to-Skype being free. A cheap headset with microphone is good enough to have a good-quality call. Or MercadoLibre has Skype USB phone kits for sale if you prefer a handset. Plus you can use Skype on your smartphone or tablets, etc.

Thank you all so much for the great info!! I was not even aware of a couple of those services. Will be looking into those for sure. Thank you, ElQueso, for your advice on imports!

Fantastic info, thank you all!

Can't you setup Google voice from here? Without a us number?

Can't you setup Google voice from here? Without a us number?
You can setup Google voice from here using a VPN and some service that gives you a free US phone number (I think I had used callcentric when I signed up for my last Google Voice account: http://www.callcentric.com/dids/free_phone_number). This way you should be able to create the Google Voice account including the incoming US phone number from Google.

I personally use Nextplus to make calls,is 0.02USD/min to canada I guess is the same for us.
or unlimited calls for 19.99/year to canada/us
Somehow I set it up with a us number, but is an option to use on the phone or tablet

Back