How To Make Many Baexpats Cry Of Joy?

camberiu

Registered
Simple. Give them a super market in Argentina that has something like this:

H4wX9dN.jpg

They cry of joy

article_photo_1288378661209-1-0.jpg

Nevertheless I would cry of joy for a real selection of cheeses (not pasteurized) or of seafood.

I finally found live oysters in BA, but I'd be ready to cross 9 de Julio naked, with a pink feather in the butt for this:

OursinsBraise1.jpg

There is nothing in that section that I have eaten in the last 25 years. However, is that hot sauce I see at the top of the next section over? That would have made me cry chili-induced tears of joy.

What's with breakfast cereal boxes in Argentina?? They seem like you can only get 3 bowls out of them. The only thing I have been able to enjoy have been boxes of special K that were obviously imported....

Eight years ago the "American" food section at Jumbo Palermo was vastly superior to the one in the top photo. :rolleyes:

And the selection at Carrefour then was better as well.

I personally wouldn't buy a single thing from those shelves. All a bunch of high carbohydrate and sugary junk which there is PLENTY of available here. I would rather see products of good quality that are HARD to find here. Like real maple syrup, good semi-sweet chocolate, a real seafood counter with a large variety of fish, live lobster, king crab and cashews, almonds, hazelnuts, etc at accessible prices....today I saw almonds at the dietética $280 kg. Unbelieveable!!
I can't believe that there are parents that would feed their children those "Reese's Puffs" for breakfast...it's criminal. If they MUST eat that stuff keep it around for snack time, but make sure your kids eat something nutritious in the morning!!

Does anyone know where to get these packets of Salmon in BsAs?
chicken-of-the-sea-dollar-tree.jpg

Back