How to receive mail 2023

lostravenblue

Registered
I found this thread

But it's from 2010. I wanted to know if anything has changed. Also, do I need a DNI, or is my passport sufficient? I'm still moving almost every week, and I can't figure out if the police will give me a certificate of residence without a stable place to live. But a friend of ours in the US wants to send a care package, and I'm trying to figure out what are our options for receiving it. Do we have any other options than the post office right now?

I found this thread

But it's from 2010. I wanted to know if anything has changed. Also, do I need a DNI, or is my passport sufficient? I'm still moving almost every week, and I can't figure out if the police will give me a certificate of residence without a stable place to live. But a friend of ours in the US wants to send a care package, and I'm trying to figure out what are our options for receiving it. Do we have any other options than the post office right now?
If that care package has anything other than documents or magazines it will likely get stuck in Customs (and expensive to get out). Be careful.

If that care package has anything other than documents or magazines it will likely get stuck in Customs (and expensive to get out). Be careful.
Guess that explains what happened to my last care package. How do I get something out of customs? I assumed it would move through on its own eventually.

ughhhhhh thank you so much. So glad I asked first.
My folks want to send me a care package (NOT via courier but by regular post) which will just be some basic things like underwear and chocolate, and vegemite, with the total value being less than US$200, and probably less than US$100. Any idea as to whether that kind of thing would get stuck at customs? (I'm a permanent resident with DNI, CUIL etc.)

Back