How to stop touching your face

on the brink

Registered
Found in National Public Radio
"Try this stinky trick to stop touching your face

Having trouble remembering not to touch your face? Try rubbing a raw onion after hand-washing.

Your face offers multiple entry points for the virus. So every time you touch your eyes, nose and mouth with grubby hands, you risk infection.

"If you have touched a table or a doorknob or some surface contaminated [with the virus] and then touch your eyes, nose or mouth, you have a chance of inoculating yourself with the virus," Kuritzkes says.

But, as a matter of habit, most of us touch our faces multiple times an hour without even realizing it.

So, here's an idea. "After you wash your hands really well, touch a piece of raw onion," says Catherine Belling of Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine. With this strong smell on your fingers, "you'll notice when you touch your face," she says. Sure, it may make you a tad antisocial, but it could be a good way to train yourself to touch less."

Here's the link. Most of it already known, but the onion trick was new to me.
https://www.wvpe.org/post/new-coronavirus-can-live-surfaces-2-3-days-heres-how-clean-them

Last edited:
So, here's an idea. "After you wash your hands really well, touch a piece of raw onion," says Catherine Belling of Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine. With this strong smell on your fingers, "you'll notice when you touch your face," she says. Sure, it may make you a tad antisocial, but it could be a good way to train yourself to touch less."

In the next few months, being as antisocial as possible will be one of (if not the) the best way to avoid contracting the virus...

and you´ll be able to touch yourself whenever and wherever you want...

...and no one will know how your fingers smell.

The more I am aware I am not supposed to do it, the more I feel my face itching. It's driving me crazy.

I thought it was Trump's face I wasnt supposed to touch.

Back