How to survive in the world's 10th noisiest city

Because they are ubiquitous from Mexico southward to Tierra del Fuego, I have come to the conclusion that many Latinos enjoy the sounds of barking dogs and car horns. Especially the yapping genetically modified small dogs.

Actually, Buenos Aires is a crypt compared to Santa Cruz, Bolivia or Lima, Perú.

Wear ear plugs to protect your hearing. Those who blast music in their cars don't realize the damage it does to their hearing until it's too late.

Then the first nine noisiest cities in the world must be in Spain.

One of my pet peeves is the leaf blower. Totally unnecessary and very noisy. I'm on the third floor of a tree lined street so I get the full effect usually in the Fall. Very annoying.

Buenos Aires is less noisy, by far, than New York City. The ambulance and police car alarms in New York City are insanely loud. I have reached out to a City Council member there suggesting the city adopt the European emergency sound system. And the traffic jams cause unending honking by car drivers. Before moving here, I live on the Lower East Side in Manhattan, a neighborhood I called "Horn Hell."

Buenos Aires is less noisy, by far, than New York City. The ambulance and police car alarms in New York City are insanely loud. I have reached out to a City Council member there suggesting the city adopt the European emergency sound system. And the traffic jams cause unending honking by car drivers. Before moving here, I live on the Lower East Side in Manhattan, a neighborhood I called "Horn Hell."
The alarms of fire engine trucks on Second Avenue used to drive me crazy day and night.

Back