How To Use The 'ignore' Function

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redpossum

Registered
Big thanks to Chet who pointed out to me the existence of this, at coffee chat one day. I though some of you might find it useful if I post this again in a thread of its own.

OK, to begin with, you must be registered and logged in to use this function. Look at the top right of your screen, find your username, and click on the small, white, downward-pointing triangle just after your name. You will then see this -

ignore1b_zps9d40851a.png

Click on the item shown with the square around it, labeled "Manage Ignore Prefs".

You will then see this screen -

ignore2a_zpsda5932fa.png

#1 The tick box here will simply hide all signatures of all users. Not really needed here, but that's what it does.

#2 This box shows the users you already have on Ignore. It will be empty when you first arrive at this screen.

#3 This is where you type in the name of the first user you wish to ignore. Note that you can also use the cut and paste function for users with long names that are hard to remember and spell. After you have entered the name of the first user you wish to ignore -

#4 This is where you select what exactly you wish to ignore from this user. For trolls, you probably want to tick all three, but you may wish to leave the Message tick box unchecked, so the person can at least send you a private message.

Now just click the black 'Save Changes' button, and that person's name should appear in the box at #2. You can now add another person to be ignored, via the same procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back