How to watch US TV

jeff1234

Registered
Is anyone in BsAs watching US TV?

I'm moving to BsAs next week. I thought I had figured out how to have access to US tv shows from BA. I even bought a flat panel screen that I'm bring with me.

I was planning to use USTVnow but when I signed up for it today it seems like their DVR service isnt available on my Apple MacBook. So I couldnt record shows when I'm out or watching something else. I sent them an email to confirm this and I began investigating other services.

Several others require a slingbox and a that I have a satellite service in the US in order to use their service in Argentina. I have no idea where to get a slingbox or how to install it. And I dont have satellite service in the US.

I would consider using a VPN but I dont know what tv service I'd subscribe to. I've heard that Hulu is now delaying showings for a few days.

Can anyone suggest a workable solution?

We use a Slingbox to watch our US cable TV here live, and also buy TV shows and movies via iTunes, and watch on our HDTV. You can also get news (e.g., CBS Evening News) via free podcasts on iTunes, or directly from their websites.

Thanks for the prompt replies.
I looking for a solution that will enable me to have one website access to most of the popular USA tv channels, and to have dvr capability.
Am I asking too much?

I don't have a solution either, but usually you can torrent the shows you want 24 hours after they air (for the popular ones). It does take a bit of work though. Otherwise some type of router/VPN solution and a TV/show provider back in the US is probably the way to go. But without a slingbox and a dedicated service back home, I don't think you'll get anywhere near full service like you get back home.

We have two Roku devices which you can (and we have) hook up to a TV and use with a VPN to watch Hulu Plus, Netflix, Amazon Prime, among others. We'll actually likely sell them before we leave in June and if anyone's interested in buying them PM me.

Are you from NYC by any chance? If so Aereo works very well.

I am from NYC but have been living in Fla for the last 8 years.
Aereo seems to be for people currently living in NYC. I dont see it helping me in VsAs.

i agree with anyone pointing you to torrents. unless you need live tv or have some pretty obscure tastes, you can tend to find anything you want. you'll also find that the picture quality of a torrent that isn't obscenely compressed to be VASTLY superior to pretty much anything you'd stream, slingbox or otherwise (i have one of those, too... one of the new fancy hd ones).

like an earlier poster said, pirate bay is a good option. i usually go there first or torrentz.eu. torrentz indexes many sites (such as the bay).

My two cents, sling box, Ipad with Slingplayer app, Apple TV. Mirror Slingplayer app (airplay) from Ipad to Apple TV. For these old eyes, about as good as anything I have ever seen. Key to sling box is upload speed at the source, 2 megs gets it done for me. Damnedest gadget I have ever experienced: slingbox.

Back