How will the police and military handle the quarantine here

perry

Registered

Talking to friends in Peru they are not handling the quarantine and nightly curfew well . Even though Peru has not recorded one death they have been very quick to implement strict quarantine methods . The police and military of Peru are much more organised than Argentina and are keeping people in line . You cannot go out at all from 8pm to 5am .

There are literally 10s of thousand of tourists now stranded in Peru many with no money and with little help from their embassies . i believe that this was handled incorrectly as human rights and dignity is very important also .

Argentina has been more measured in its response but soon we will have a full quarantine . Will the Argentinian public respect it like Peru and if not how will the police and military respond here ?

Argentina has been more measured in its response but soon we will have a full quarantine.

Perry, could you please be more specific about what you mean by the term "full" quarantine?

t what you mean by the term "full" quarantine?

Complete LOCKDOWN. Can not leave your house. Only at specific hours for very specific tasks. There would be a full lockdown of the capital with only one person allowed to leave home at a time. Supermarkets would be guarded by police, while pharmacies would be among the few other shops to remain open.

Perry, could you please be more specific about what you mean by the term "full" quarantine?

Full quarantine means only being allowed out to buy groceries and medical supplies one person at a time from a household , This is the rule in Italy and now in many parts of Spain . You cannot do nothing else , you cannot visit a park , you cannot walk your dog , you cannot drive your car except for a emergency and you better provide it . You cannot just go to a hospital either you will need to call and if you are very sick a ambulance will come if they are available . This is the reality in many parts of Italy that by the way has a much more advanced medical system than all of Latin America . Once the hospital system is collapsed you are really on your own .

Just bear in mind our Police has not been trained for this, they are doing their best. This is not your average crowd control or dealing with drunks, junkies or regular scum.
They might not be aware at all of foreign customs (simply think of how we locals define personal space) and handling altered people "speaking in tonges" might not be their preferred hobby.

Much less with Gendarmeria. Usually a more polite bunch but with military and not police training.

Iz

Complete LOCKDOWN. Can not leave your house.
How many expats do you think actually live in a house?

I can´t speak for any others that do, but I can assure you, I will leave mine...for hours at a time...and no one will tell me to go back inside.

TGIDLICF.

Complete LOCKDOWN. Can not leave your house. Only at specific hours for very specific tasks. There would be a full lockdown of the capital with only one person allowed to leave home at a time. Supermarkets would be guarded by police, while pharmacies would be among the few other shops to remain open.
One correction. AF is a lawyer. All the jargon he used is from martial law. So, police, military police and military.

Today 200 people were arrested and they are facing jail between 2 up to 15 years of jail.

I think most people want to do their part and help as much as possible keeping everyone healthy. However, when millions become unemployed and the money to buy basic groceries runs out, all bets will be off.

Back