Howdy - I Have Questions!

southerner

Registered
Hi guys,

I'm not exactly new to BA. I spent a few months there over the last couple years, but have some questions...

I'm coming back for another short visit in March and have been trying find info on a few things. Maybe y'all can help!

1. I'm coming for a wedding and I'm interested in etiquette. I've read a few past posts on it, but they didn't answer all my questions. The couple is Argentine. I'm friends with the bride. For a gift...I've read that most people give cash, but hand it to the groom. ?? Also, what is the attire like for women attending weddings?

2. I'm a beginner but avid birdwatcher. I'd love to find someone with some free time who might like to meet me at the Ecologic Reserve, and bonus points if you know South American birds. :)

3. Is there anyone with a flatiron from Argentina that would let me borrow it a couple times in March? Even with converters, I couldn't get my US iron to work when I was there before and I'm not really interested in buying one while I'm only there for a couple weeks. We can work out some sort of trade if there is anything you need brought from the states. :)

Otherwise...I would love to meet up for (bad) coffee or chat in a park or hit some milongas while I'm visiting (March 7 - 17)!

xo

hi! hope everything works out for you when you come back! :)

I know nothing about birds, but we could met to drink (bad, lol) coffee, or deilcious tea in tea connection

cheers

Luciana

You are fine handing the money to your friend, the bride. They would probably prefer dollars btw. ;)
As for dress, it depends on the time of day. I would go with a cocktail or tea length for a morning/afternoon wedding and long gown for evening. Its pretty much the same as in the U.S.
I do not have a flat iron, sorry!! Maybe the hotel you are staying at does?
Suerte!!

Thanks for the answers, guys!

I will probably rent an apartment...so no hotel to borrow the flat iron from.

And I love Tea Connection! Which location do you go to?

I'm really excited about the wedding, so thanks for the clothes/gift insight!

Back