Hurling Match This Saturday - Ireland Vs Argentina

erian

Registered
Hi everyone

For all the Irish lads, there is a hurling match this Saturday ay 15.00 in the Hurling Club in Hurlingham. There is a team of Argentinian lads training to go to Ireland in September to play an international Hurling tournament in Galway and a few of us have been training with them. I only started recently but it has been going on now around 8 months. The level of skill varies so don't be worried of you have never really played before (I am learning to play hurling here).

It's good fun and after there is a nice irish bar in the clubhouse where we have some grub and a few beers. A few of the Argie lads play Irish music instruments and sing some classics. Put us to shame really!! : )

The clubhouse is directly in front of station train station so its very easy to find. Check out the attachment for details how to arrive.

Hope to see some new faces there!

V2.jpg

Oops, didnt realise the attachment was thaaaaaatt big : ) sorry

Currently trying to shed a few pounds, I might join in at some stage although I have never lifted a hurl in my life. What is the general level of fitness like? Am late in my late 30s so I wouldn't want to be the oldest and the slowest : )

Haha don't worry. Fitness levels vary. The Argentinian lads area all very fit (rugby and hockey players for the club), but the a lot of the Irish lads fitness varies. Some very fit and others are like you and me!! : )

It's all about getting involved. I only picked a hurl for the first time here too. You should defo come. Mike (the trainer) is trying to get the final numbers so if you think you will make it or have any specific questions on gear etc., can you email to this address to confirm:

[email protected]

Hope to see you Saturday : )

I must have a hole in my head. Anway i sent an email on to coach mike, in English....am guessing he is Irish? I mentioned my chronic lack of fitness and ability but sure, we'll see what comes of it.

I must have a hole in my head. Anway i sent an email on to coach mike, in English....am guessing he is Irish? I mentioned my chronic lack of fitness and ability but sure, we'll see what comes of it.

Great stuff. Ye Mike is a Kilkenny man. As I said in the PM it may be mixed teams as this week we are really lacking numbers! dont be worrying about fitness levels. If you want we can go early and you can get a feel for pucking the ball around? Sure PM me if you want chat about it.

Back