I’ve had my visa rejected despite my nearly complete citizenship process

Juantime

Registered
So I’m sitting in Eze, boarding a plane for LA having just come from there this morning. Wife got through but they stopped me so to make alon story short, anybody know how lon an application takes from outside? They said I had too many visa fines-wasn’t even allowed to say good bye to my wife and give her the house keys. Had my lawyer argue with them but nope. Going with just my hand luggage and would love a shower. Thanks

So I’m sitting in Eze, boarding a plane for LA having just come from there this morning. Wife got through but they stopped me so to make alon story short, anybody know how lon an application takes from outside? They said I had too many visa fines-wasn’t even allowed to say good bye to my wife and give her the house keys. Had my lawyer argue with them but nope. Going with just my hand luggage and would love a shower. Thanks
Tourist visa that is

More details please? what do you mean "wife got through". Is she Argentine?

Nope- Uk and Irish passport holder. I don’t know if they have a cut off for number of visas or number of fines- admittedly I only started paying attention to not overrunning my visas in the last 2-3 years or so but they said it doesn’t matter. I refused to sign the paperwork without legal representation and won’t see that paperwork for another 3 hours

If you have a “nearly complete citizenship process”, per @Bajo_cero2 you should be safe from deportation by definition.
I’d suggest you touch base with him ASAP.

Thanks Ben, I just did

Hopefully, perhaps at least for your wife's sake, Dr. Rubliar will not remember (or will perhaps ignore for the "right" price) the fact that less than two years ago you referred to him as "Vampiric, tango dancing scum." and added that you "feel he's so tight he'd skin a fart."

Source: https://www.baexpats.org/threads/immigration-lawyers.38799/page-2#post-349146

Last edited:
Well, as soon as he mentioned that his lawyer was working on it, there is nothing I can add.

The ways to solve it now is the appeal you should do with your lawyer as soon as he probably has power of attorney.

If this doesn’t work out an habeas corpus can be made.

Your citizenship case can be won even if you were deported.

Well, as soon as he mentioned that his lawyer was working on it, there is nothing I can add.

The ways to solve it now is the appeal you should do with your lawyer as soon as he probably has power of attorney.

If this doesn’t work out an habeas corpus can be made.

Your citizenship case can be won even if you were deported.

I doesn't sound like his lawyer knows as much as you do about the appropriate actions that should have been/now should be taken...

PS: At least now he does...thanks to your (grudge) free advice.

Back