I admit it: I watch CrónicaTV

Choripán

Registered
I was in denial for months. At first I actively despised CrónicaTV. I hated the "if it bleeds, it leads" mentality. I loathed the shallow interviews and the cheap political hits. I couldn't stand what the very existence of such a channel says about the people of Argentina.

And then I realized that I couldn't stop watching it.

This weekend Crónica hit a new journalistic high: Live interviews with half-clad women soaking up the sun in Parque Las Heras. The reporter would often beguile the ladies with charming flattery while the videographer quietly zoomed in for tight close ups of thongs disappearing into ass cracks of every variety. Large or small, firm or flaccid, natural or surgical: the commitment to equal opportunity voyeurism was unparalleled. Sometimes the Crónica boys would even help the ladies stand for the highly prized full body reveal and, in at least one case, a thorough comparative ass analysis. It was great TV. It was a public service. It's an exaggeration to say it turned me on, but the truth is that I couldn't turn it off.

So, I'm here to say: I no longer hate Crónica. It's an addition that will surely kill me. But I can't live a lie.

Everybody watches it! They are just in denial ;)

Hi Chori, I know...it's like a bad car accident...it's hard not to look/watch.

Those cronica cams turn into colonoscopy cams at this time of the year...they do it every year...I had to endure it too.

I have been cronica clean/sober for six months now, I'm getting the shakes just talking about it.,...it grows on ya...watch out!

Choripán said:
I was in denial for months. At first I actively despised CrónicaTV. I hated the "if it bleeds, it leads" mentality. I loathed the shallow interviews and the cheap political hits. I couldn't stand what the very existence of such a channel says about the people of Argentina.

This weekend Crónica hit a new journalistic high: Live interviews with half-clad women soaking up the sun in Parque Las Heras. The reporter would often beguile the ladies with charming flattery while the videographer quietly zoomed in for tight close ups of thongs disappearing into ass cracks of every variety. Large or small, firm or flaccid, natural or surgical: the commitment to equal opportunity voyeurism was unparalleled. Sometimes the Crónica boys would even help the ladies stand for the highly prized full body reveal and, in at least one case, a thorough comparative ass analysis. It was great TV. It was a public service. It's an exaggeration to say it turned me on, but the truth is that I couldn't turn it off.

So, I'm here to say: I no longer hate Crónica. It's an addition that will surely kill me. But I can't live a lie.

And beware of Anabella´s bizarre guests... omgggggggggg

The bathing suit "interviews" go on all summer -- turn it on on a weekend and it will just go for hours and hours and hours....

I watch Crónica too, it´s like the National Enquirer on TV.......

Nicely written Choripan.
You could always apply for a job as roving reporter for Cronica?

Choripán said:

Just for your health, try not to mix with "Policias en Acción". Usually it´s one way ticket. Be careful.

gusgutier said:
Just for your health, try not to mix with "Policias en Acción". Usually it´s one way ticket. Be careful.

I'd actually argue that Policias en Accion should be compulsory viewing for any expat that hasn't stepped outside of Capital (or Recoleta / Palermo) -- not so much for the situations as just to get an understanding of the type of housing / neighbourhoods many Argentines live in. Much of the show is shot within 1hr of Capital. A lot of the situations mind you, are pretty hilarious and there are the most ridiculous squabbles between neighbours on that show.

GPS also interesting viewing if you feel like watching stupid minors get drunk and get in fights... occasionally they do have some more interesting stories.

syngirl said:
I'd actually argue that Policias en Accion should be compulsory viewing for any expat that hasn't stepped outside of Capital (or Recoleta / Palermo) -- not so much for the situations as just to get an understanding of the type of housing / neighbourhoods many Argentines live in. Much of the show is shot within 1hr of Capital. A lot of the situations mind you, are pretty hilarious and there are the most ridiculous squabbles between neighbours on that show.

GPS also interesting viewing if you feel like watching stupid minors get drunk and get in fights... occasionally they do have some more interesting stories.
I agree, not only for expats but for Palermo, Belgrano, Barrio Norte, caballito microworld local inhabitants.

Back