I Am Coming To Buenos Aires In August - Advice Welcome

trix_vix

Registered
Hi all

I am 28 and a school teacher in London and I am leaving my job to travel the world for a year with my husband. I am coming to Buenos Aires in August and staying for 2/3 months.

Any advice on the following would be welcome: -

- Hostel recommendations for the first week?
- Things to see for the first week?
- Great bars?
- Has anyone done workaway?
- Do I need a visa to get work in Buenos Aires?

Literally know nothing so any advice would be welcome and would be lovely to meet up with anyone who fancies a drink when we are there.

Love Vicky xxx

There is a search bar at the top of the page. You should search the threads for all of the questions you've asked. There is already a mountain of information on these subjects. Spend a week or two researching and then come back to the forum with any questions you still have.

That's the best way to get up-to-speed for your visit.

:)

Actually google would be better as the forums can be scattered and the search function not that good, but at least if there is something here, google can send you directly to it (or to another blog with better info). And you have 8 months so that should give you plenty of time to find out cool bars, some that maybe aren't even in existence yet.

Hi all

I am 28 and a school teacher in London and I am leaving my job to travel the world for a year with my husband. I am coming to Buenos Aires in August and staying for 2/3 months.

Any advice on the following would be welcome: -

- Hostel recommendations for the first week?
- Things to see for the first week?
- Great bars?
- Has anyone done workaway?
- Do I need a visa to get work in Buenos Aires?

Literally know nothing so any advice would be welcome and would be lovely to meet up with anyone who fancies a drink when we are there.

Love Vicky xxx
You are planning to invest 25% of your 1 year edu-tour to Argentina/BA . Do the research first and the allocation second. AR deserves a month. Then move on to Chili, Columbia ect. 3 mos here is not that much better than 1 month at hyper drive.

You are planning to invest 25% of your 1 year edu-tour to Argentina/BA . Do the research first and the allocation second. AR deserves a month. Then move on to Chili, Columbia ect. 3 mos here is not that much better than 1 month at hyper drive.

Columbia's a very good university, but you need to devote four years to it.

Columbia's a very good university, but you need to devote four years to it.
Knob:
Not talking about schools. This is touring. Hostels, b-packs 28 YRO touring with hubbie. A year off from terrible hard work and major stress.?????????????

Interesting, but I doubt Chili's has a university or is a country, Columbia is also tough
to get in to...

I don't suppose you mean Chile and Colombia do you?

http://www.chilis.com/EN/Pages/home.aspx is very bad Mexican chain food.

If you want to travel around Argentina, Id say a month is not enough. Patagonia, Iguazu, Salta, Mendoza, Cordoba.... plus BsAs? 3 months are ok (if not more).-

There is a search bar at the top of the page. You should search the threads for all of the questions you've asked. There is already a mountain of information on these subjects. Spend a week or two researching and then come back to the forum with any questions you still have.

That's the best way to get up-to-speed for your visit.

:)

Ditto on the search button. This questions comes up every two days. The search button will tell you everything you need to know.

Back