I Have An Idea For A Bar, That I Think Will Be Big...

MorganF

Registered
...a beer bar. There just aren't enough.

Breaking news: the closest beer bar to my house was two blocks away; but one just opened today - just now - on my corner, so now, the closest one is a half-block away. And I don't even live in Palermo, but a super-uncool neighborhood right near the General Paz!

Every bar has a Guinness sign, but no one actually has Guinness. If you could open a bar with actual Guinness, you might make a killing.

Do you live on the outskirts of Urquiza Morgan? We are being invaded by the cervecerias artesanales. One just opened on Congreso and Aizpurua. There's another around the corner on Constituyentes. I am sad to see that Urquiza is being turned into another Palermo and on my side, where there are still many single family homes and low-rise PHs (max 3 stories) are being bulldozed and replaced with towers. Three on my block now have been torn down in the past month, and I have seen some lovely brick houses that couldn't be more than 20-30 years old knocked down as well.

Do you live on the outskirts of Urquiza Morgan? We are being invaded by the cervecerias artesanales. One just opened on Congreso and Aizpurua. There's another around the corner on Constituyentes. I am sad to see that Urquiza is being turned into another Palermo and on my side, where there are still many single family homes and low-rise PHs (max 3 stories) are being bulldozed and replaced with towers. Three on my block now have been torn down in the past month, and I have seen some lovely brick houses that couldn't be more than 20-30 years old knocked down as well.

This seems to be happening all over Argentina even here in North the towers are going up left and right. 3 or 4 properties in a quadra bought fenced up and the work beings It is also the same in Uruguay in Montevideo in particular. Not much fun when are close to it, noise all day... grinding, pounding, mixing, heavy equipment non stop.

We've seen this before. So many of the same businesses will open that the market will become saturated and flop. Remember paddle?

history, over the last 10,000 years or so, has proven that beer is not a flash in the pan fad.
it appears to have staying power.

personally, I am quite pleased that I now have choices beyond just Stella or Quilmes.

I am sure that, 100 years or so ago, when wine in argentina suddenly became available in vintages from vineyards, as opposed to just a litre in a pinguino, there were nay sayers who predicted the quick bankruptcy of all those new stores selling bottles of wine. We are still waiting for that to happen.

history, over the last 10,000 years or so, has proven that beer is not a flash in the pan fad.
it appears to have staying power.

personally, I am quite pleased that I now have choices beyond just Stella or Quilmes.

I am sure that, 100 years or so ago, when wine in argentina suddenly became available in vintages from vineyards, as opposed to just a litre in a pinguino, there were nay sayers who predicted the quick bankruptcy of all those new stores selling bottles of wine. We are still waiting for that to happen.

Not so long ago the table wine was sold in bulk, in 5 litter jugs. Damajuanas (Demi John) :rolleyes:

Not so long ago the table wine was sold in bulk, in 5 litter jugs. Damajuanas (Demi John) :rolleyes:

They're still available...at least in Punta Alta.
emo32.gif

I read that 4% of the wine sold in Argentina is still sold in damajuanas. But most major vintners dropped using them in the late 70s. The bottle has apparently caught on, much as artesanal birras have. Time marches on.

I have friend that is in the family has a wine distributorship I get my wine are very reduced prices the only thing I lack in my wife's family is someone with a butchers market LOL! Oh well you guess you cant have everything. :lol:

Back