I Phone 4 - Exterior Glass Broken

Shoeb

Registered
Hi,

My Iphone slip away from my hand and broke its exterior glass. Does anyone have any experience or know any place where I can get the glass replaced. Any idea of the cost.?

Shoeb

You can do it yourself. I've replaced the glass on an iPad, 2 different iPhones and i've replaced an iPhone battery. The only problem is getting the parts, check out eBay, Mercardo Libre and Aliexpress. I considered doing this kind of work for people but fear being responsible for damaging peoples beloved apple devices should things go pear shaped.

There are plenty of good step by step videos that show you how to do it on youtube.

The glass for the phones for around 10-15 dollars each and the replacement battery was about 4 dollars, all cheap stuff from hong kong. They usually send you all the tools you need as well.

I've seen people charge anywhere between 90-300 dollars including parts.

MacSoul is an authorized apple repair place on Santa Fe near Callao. Also you can try josh MacDaddy, a forum member, or nikad, also a forum member.

thanks, I saw those tutorials. Seems can be done, however getting product from Aliexpress or ebay might mean waiting for atleast 30 - 45 days. do you know any shop it is available in buenos aires?

No idea, hopefully somebody here knows of one but it's really not very likely, I would order it and sit tight, and put a case on the phone to protect your hand.

hi, how much did it cost you?...

I think they charge around $800 pesos to replace the screen but someone brought me the screen from the States and the installation cost around $300 pesos if I'm not mistaken. They're very professional and I've gone to them many times to repair my iPhones.

You may try buying through mercadolibre.com.ar & replacing it yourself.
I would suggest buying the LCD & Glass together as the difference would be around AR$250 and the installation process is easier.
You spend an extra AR$250 but you get to do the repair yourself & save $$$. Here's one of many screens on ML:
http://articulo.merc...ercado-pago-_JM

And here is a youtube video on how to do it:

Back