I Want To Bring My Dog To Ba...

CaliCoco

Registered
I am a bit question crazy but people have been so helpful that I thought I might try another. I'm moving from the US to BA and am planning on flying my 20lb chihuahua terrier mix as cargo in the plane we fly in. Anybody have any info on that? What size kennel.. Stuff like that. I already got all his shots up to date, and I know I have to get a bill of health from a vet within 10 days of leaving.

easy easy easy. I brought my Shih Tsu twice to BA and even last week I brought my little beautiful cat with me. Of course she is from Mexico so she already knows the language hehe

Hey there, what airline do u fly with? I choose AA and both times w very good experience! Get vari kennel hard case with screws! Get medium plus for a 20 lb.
check this page for travel supply, they were great help to me.
Pet Airline Travel Expert - DryFur®
www.dryfur.com/
Airline approved pet travel carriers kennels crates supplies. Free pet airline forms , pet transport tips, pet airline travel instructions and videos.
Know fab dog walker, dog sitter and house call vet for when u r there! I lived until this may in BsAs, very dog friendly. Had a very pet friendly fab and not so expensive apartment penthouse in Palermo Chico close to las heras and Libertador parks. It might be still for rent. Do you have a place?
My dogs loved BsAs as much I did, all easy ... I b happy to help!

Thanks guys. I'm a bit nervous about the whole thing. My pup is quite skittish. I really really appreciate your advice

We would like to bring our dog with us to Argentina in December and then back in February...is there anyone who has done this recently that can tell us what the legal/customs requirements are? I've heard that there are strict-on-paper requirements for Argentina that are haphazardly enforced (shocker). Any pointers would be really appreciated. Thanks!

That is really too short of a trip and too much trauma for the dog in shot period..Think of the dog.

I agree with ghost, flying can be really traumatic for animals, especially those who have to go by themselves in cargo. The first time I came to BsAs was for 5 months and I left my dog with a family member. I only brought her with me when I knew I'd be staying for at least a couple of years. That being said... if you must bring your dog, you should be aware that getting into Argentina isn't the problem, it's getting out. I arrived with my big dog in 2010 and paid about US$600 but the process was pretty simple, I booked her a spot on my flight with United's PetSafe program and then had to pay for a few things with Senasa upon arrival at Ezeiza. Now in 2013, however, I am planning my trip back and have been told that you can no longer do all of the paperwork, booking the spot for your animal, etc. on your own (this is only when flying out of Argentina, btw) but must use a pet transportation company, due to some change in the policies on the Argentina side. So just a heads up, it will be a couple of hundred dollars to get your pup in, but a couple of thousand to get your pup out. Not to mention the aforementioned stress that animals undergo when traveling! Just something to think about.

P.S. You can find all of the information about the health certificates and paperwork needed to fly with pets on the Senasa (Arg) and CDC (US) websites.

IF your dog is a toy breed and will fit under your seat it will cost you time and money to get it back out of Argentina but about four hundred dollars between airline charges and health forms. The problems are huge if you have to ship your dog as cargo. My Pom makes the trip once a year under my seat and gleefully jumps into her airline travel bag anticipating the trip...even when were not going! So it's one thing under your seat (DELTA, UNITED are the two I always use that permit this) another as shipped cargo ...

Back