I Was Denied Entry At Ezeiza

smirkypants

Registered
So, the random lottery hit me and I was denied entry into Argentina. Man, serious bummer. I am in the process of putting together my residency but I have a few questions that I couldn't seem to find answers to in the forums.

1. Am I "banned" from entry as a tourist? Nobody at the immigrations in Argentina would give me a straight answer and nobody and the consulate is helpful. They either don't know or they are just too lazy to find out or what have you.

2. If I have been banned, for how long is it?

3. If I try to go back, will I be sent packing again? Even if I have a return ticket for say a week later? I have things in Argentina and I would like to gather them up.

Thanks for your help. I'm pretty sure these haven't been covered, but if they have been, please point me to the right place.

Thanks.

I don't have any answers for you i'm afraid, maybe some other forum members will. I do however have a question:

On what grounds were you refused entry?

Good Luck!

and what happened?
Did they put you on a plane back to where you came from?

That sucks indeed. If you can reveal it, what's your nationality? (latest denied entry is from Canada).
For how long have you been a "permatourist".

Asking all of this because it seems plenty of people are concerned.

No idea about your questions, of course ask a lawyer from here.

+1 for London2Baires = I don't have much answers but explaining what you lived could be useful to many here I guess

I am a US citizen. The looked at all of the Argentina stamps in my passport and decided that I was living here, not a tourist. They sent me back to JFK airport the same day. Nobody seems to have any answers anywhere. You wouldn't believe how the consulate here just ignores emails. I just want to get in and collect my stuff.

Sorry to hear the bad news. Seems it´s happening now at a faster rate. 3rd time in a span of 7 months.

It´s been said so many times so many ways in this forum that if you overstay your tourist visa IT IS A LOTTERY ( simply put: immigration officer discretion ).

1 in a 1000 will get lucky first time.

1 in a 100 will get lucky once again second time (with "Ultima Prórroga" stamp in passport) .
(i.e. if you try again on your own, 99 out of 100 they will let you pay the overstay fine and ignore the denial stamp)

Much better way to go (much safer this time) if you get professional legal counsel this second time.
Decision is yours, if you wanna gamble again.

The law is simple & clear as mud: .. once again ...- IMMIGRATION OFFICER DISCRETION.

(Those numbers are just for illustration purposes, they are not real stats.)

BTW: What happened? You did not say. Tourist visa overstay? Other reasons?

EDIT: oh .. so it was .... tourist visa overstay ! ...

Wow, they are really doing this now, huh? Just to add a data point--I got back in last week with no problem after paying the fine for the first time ever when I left (I've been to Uruguay a ton). Just got asked couple questions, including the address where I would be staying. I hadn't even printed out all the evidence I had planned to print out to show I was leaving soon in case of a problem. I just completely and totally forgot. It really is a lottery. I suppose the fact that I only spent six weeks here in 2013 could have helped, but who the hell knows?

How unfortunate (but not surprising) that they sent you home without giving you any details!

Maybe we all need to be thinking about "losing" our passports and getting new ones so we don't have so many entry and exit stamps...I just had to get new visa pages added because of all of the Argentina stamps. The customs officer in BA is always very interested in the one stamp that I actually got at Immigraciones to extend my tourist stay legally with their office. I won't ever do that again! It took hours, and even the woman there who helped me asked me why I didn't just go to Colonia and then gave me the phone number for Buquebus ;)

Maybe we all need to be thinking about "losing" our passports and getting new ones so we don't have so many entry and exit stamps...I just had to get new visa pages added because of all of the Argentina stamps. The customs officer in BA is always very interested in the one stamp that I actually got at Immigraciones to extend my tourist stay legally with their office. I won't ever do that again! It took hours, and even the woman there who helped me asked me why I didn't just go to Colonia and then gave me the phone number for Buquebus ;)

Just had second thoughts about my previous post...my son has a new passport, but I always have to bring the old one too with the sticker in the back. Otherwise, you have to pay the entry fee again. Never mind!

Back