I Was Questioned By The Police Today...

UK Man

Registered
So there I was quietly spraying weedkiller on the pavement outside an empty property my wife owns. A chap passing on the opposite side of the road pushing a pram shouted something over to me. The noise of the traffic drowned him out so I just shook my head and carried on and he went on his way.
Five minutes later and with only a couple of metres still left to spray I was aware of a double cabin Ford Ranger - new model - pull up a few feet away. I didn't look up but I suspected it was the police and carried on spraying. A minute later I could hear the occupants getting out...I suppose they must have spent the minute observing me. The male officer said something which I ignored then he repeated himself when he got closer....I finally stopped what I was doing and looked up.
Both wore three stripes, he was around 30 years old while she looked no more than 18...he proceeded to do all the talking. He explained spraying weedkiller in a public place was prohibited which I agreed is fair enough and told him similar practice is followed in the UK unless the operator holds the relevant pest and pesticides certificate and strictly follows all the associated health and safety rules. He went on to tell me that children especially could breath in the spray and their health damaged.
I commended them on their concern for public safety and promised to stop spraying further. They were very nice about it and after taking my name and DNI number they apologised for bothering me and assured me no further action would be taken against me.

How ironic as he stepped out on to the road to enter his vehicle he got horned by a mother and her two pillion passenger kids who sped by all without helmets on. I was really tempted to say something but thought better of it. That's Argentina for you. :D

Back