I Was Swindled Out Of $1000 Dollars

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't want to feed speculations. I will not respond to personal attacks or implications. I will deliver the money to Joe in BA as I said. I only responded to one personal attack and it was because it was someone who actually had a real experience with me and was misrepresenting it, unlike all the people who speculate. Other people who actually do know me have been very balanced and reasonable about this whole thing and I do appreciate that.

Joe, I read what you said about moving the deadline for the stuff to September. I appreciate that. I would also appreciate you putting of your plans for tomorrow. I will try other possible solutions and I will be in touch with you either here or privately.

That is not the issue. I don't answer to any of you. I answer to Joe. I didn't need Joe's money to come here. If you find a single person in Buenos Aires (other than Joe) who has ever had an issue with me and money, then by all means share it. I have my own income. Honestly I don't think it's your place to assume things about me after I came here and said what I said.

Internationalguy: If you can make it to Montevideo you can transfer the money to Buenos Aires instantly (5% fee), just pm me and I'll help you rectify this. If you can't make it to Montevideo I think you can still use a very cheap service, Abitab to send the money to Montevideo then to Buenos Aires.
Maybe someone here can offer to arbitrate who should pay the commissions.
Hopw this is useful, just trying to help

The Jury is out no more procrastinating . Perhaps this case will close with a private settlement will never know the terms?

Internationalguy: If you can make it to Montevideo you can transfer the money to Buenos Aires instantly (5% fee), just pm me and I'll help you rectify this. If you can't make it to Montevideo I think you can still use a very cheap service, Abitab to send the money to Montevideo then to Buenos Aires.
Maybe someone here can offer to arbitrate who should pay the commissions.
Hopw this is useful, just trying to help

That would be a possibility. But they wouldn't give Joe the blue rate. I don't mind paying the fees. That is not the issue. If anything I think I should pay for them since this is not his fault. I know you are Matt. Thank you. I will make this happen, as I said, before the end of the month. Any helpful ideas or constructive ones are welcome. Smug remarks and judgmental nonsense I won't even dignify with a response.

Yes it would give him the blue rate, He'd get the money in dollars! only cost is 5% transfer and your trip to montevideo or the small commission you gotta pay abitab. This is a trusted bank in Montevideo, and a consolidated office of my trust in B.A. You can solve this within the next 48hrs if you so want it.

Folks,

I appreciate IG coming on the forum to post his side of the story - that took courage.

A lot of people would just run away.

Let's cut him some slack.

This whole affair is useful to the community as a morality play: to think twice, be more careful. The dialog is good.

Thanks

ps. I don't care about the fees or the blue rate. I'll pay all the fees. It would be better to put this thing to bed.

I am still of the opinion that we should give some credit to the guy. He wanted to make Joe a favor, but things didn't go the way they both wanted. However, IG spoke out and explained the situation, which is remarkable in my opinion.
I am 100% confident that Joe will get his money back, not a penny less. The point is: can Joe wait? If, for whatever reason, he wants the money now, a money transfer service will be involved and a fee should be paid. I am not sure if IG can wire the money to Joe right now since this has been the main issue in getting the money to Joe (lack of documentation required to xoom the money from Uruguay to Argentina).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back