Iaido/Iaijutsu ?

Johnno

Registered
Okay guys,

I'll be down there in two weeks and one of the first things I think I need to do as sort of a new year's resolution (although I don't believe in them) is to get back into some sort of training again...

Apart from the x trainer the only other thing I ever really stuck at was Iaido/Iaijutsu - anyone down there into this ? Anyone fancy a few practice sessions ?

I know some Muso Jikiden Eisshin Ryu and some Yagyu Shinkage Ryu - I'm rusty and overweight and want something to get my cardio happening and some burn - and since most of my work down there will involve sitting on a phone or standing up in front of the university students I'll be teaching doing something physical as well would be good :)

Failing this, anyone into good old fashioned foil/epee/sabre fencing or more historical WMA ? I'll be living in Belgrano and having someone to spar with would be great - because of the full on and fairly weird timetable I will have I don't think I'll be likely to find a regular class - so some one on one work (preferably with someone at a much higher level than myself) would be good :)

Thanks in advance.

PS In terms of one hander I've studied I.33 and would love to continue my studies in this fechtbuch in particular if someone would like to make a long term commitment we could organise some decent wooden wasters and body armour etc...

Back